Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) expressed disappointment on Wednesday after the crowd at Nationals Park shouted chants of lock him up that were aimed at President Donald Trump during the playing of the World Series in Washington D.C.
Booker stated during an appearance on The View that when Trump supporters famously chanted lock her up in reference to twice-failed Democratic presidential candidate and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, he found it just wrong. He added that similar chants now against the president are exactly the same thing.
Trump and First Lady Melania made an appearance at Game Five of the World Series on Sunday evening. They were sitting in a box behind home plate and were joined by several members of Congress, including the Republican House leadership: House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) , Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA), and Conference Chair Liz Cheney (R-WY).
Fans began booing and jeering when the ballpark displayed the presidents suite on the jumbo screen during the third inning and subsequently began shouting lock him up. The president stayed at the game for seven innings before returning to the White House.
Understand that every reaction has an equal and opposite reaction, Booker explained further.
Because again, when you are hurt you want to punch back, but ultimately that is the energy, he continued. Im sorry, [Martin Luther King, Jr.] said this so eloquently: Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.'
While the New Jersey senator is known for talking about love and unity, he revealed in July that he sometimes gets the urge to physically assault the president and blamed it on his testosterone.
Donald Trump is a guy who you understand, he hurts you, Booker said at the time. My testosterone sometimes makes me want to feel like punching him, which would be bad for this elderly, out-of-shape man that he is if I did that. This physically weak specimen.
However, Booker stressed the importance of Americans loving their fellow citizens during his appearance on The View.
What we forget in this country, and forgive me if this sounds like a radical thing to say, but patriotism is love of country, Booker said. And you cannot love your country unless you love your fellow countrymen and women.
And that does not mean we always agree or always like each other, but love is not a sentimentality, he continued. Love says that if your kid does not have a great public school, then Im going to fight for your child.
Booker announced in February that he was officially launching a campaign to run for the Democratic nomination for president. While he has been lagging behind many of his Democratic opponents in both fundraising and polling, he notably qualified for the fifth Democratic National Committee primary debate, thus giving his campaign a renewed lifeline.
As of publication, Booker has not broken above 5% support in any nationally recognized polls and is currently hovering just under 2%, according to the Real Clear Politicsnational polling average.
- In the know: Women in the news 1/6 - 1/10 - NBC News - January 13th, 2020
- Study Finds No Link Between Testosterone Levels and Reduced Cognitive Empathy - PsychCentral.com - January 12th, 2020
- BLS Pharma Alleges Inovio's Breach of Contract Obstructed Ability to Deliver Testosterone Replacement Therapy for Hypogonadism and the Transgender... - January 12th, 2020
- The Week Unwrapped podcast: Testosterone, vegans and locusts - The Week UK - January 12th, 2020
- Egg white and whey protein key to boosting male fertility, but slash 'healthy' fats and McDonald's muffins - FoodNavigator-Asia.com - January 12th, 2020
- Massive Growth of Testosterone Therapy Market by 2025 with Top Key Players like AbbVie Inc, Actavis Inc, Eli Lilly & Co, Auxilium Pharmaceuticals... - January 12th, 2020
- What is the up and coming for the Testosterone Booster Market? - Industry Newsdesk - January 6th, 2020
- DEADLINE ALERT - Lipocine Inc. (LPCN) - Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC Reminds Investors With Losses Exceeding $100K of Class Action and Lead... - January 6th, 2020
- Male Infertility: Tips to boost sperm count and increase fertility - TheHealthSite - January 6th, 2020
- 7 ways sleep deprivation is killing your health and career - Ladders - January 6th, 2020
- Norris Burkes: Did you fumble the ball last year? - Charleston Post Courier - January 6th, 2020
- Best of 2019: Common sense, and Title IX, need to prevail - The CT Mirror - January 6th, 2020
- Men who receive testosterone therapy nearly twice as likely to develop blood clots, researchers find - Minnesota Daily - December 18th, 2019
- This Intersex Runner Had Surgery to Compete. It Has Not Gone Well. - The New York Times - December 18th, 2019
- Clarus Therapeutics Expands Executive Team in Preparation for Landmark Launch of JATENZO (testosterone undecanoate) Capsules CIII - GlobeNewswire - December 18th, 2019
- 5 Workouts That Will Boost Your Testosterone Naturally - WSU Guardian - December 18th, 2019
- Global Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market |2018-2023| Qualitative & Quantitative Analysis, Key Vendors Analysis, Reliability, Growth... - December 18th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market CAGR Growth Expected to Be Linear Says AbbVie, Endo International, Eli lilly - Alpha News Report - December 18th, 2019
- New Way to Calculate "Dog Years" Raises Questions of Aging and DNA - The Great Courses Daily News - December 18th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market Expected to Deliver Dynamic Progression until 2028| AbbVie, Endo International, Eli lilly - Breaking News... - December 10th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market Top Players (Endo International, AbbVie, Eli lilly, Pfizer, Actavis, Bayer, Novartis, Teva, Mylan,... - December 10th, 2019
- People Are Poisoning Themselves With Essential Oils. Please Don't - IFLScience - December 10th, 2019
- What are the signs of low testosterone levels in men? - Times of India - December 8th, 2019
- Relugolix Induces Sustained Testosterone Reduction in Advanced PC, Phase 3 Trial Results Show - Prostate Cancer News Today - December 8th, 2019
- Surgeons Transplant a Testicle From One Brother to His Twin - The New York Times - December 8th, 2019
- Two teams 'full of testosterone': Ducks ready for grudge rematch with Capitals - The Athletic - December 8th, 2019
- What are the rules for trans athletes in football? - Goal.com - December 8th, 2019
- Testosterone: What It Can And Can't Do, Signs You're Low, And How To Increase It - Men's Health - December 8th, 2019
- Global Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market Insights, Growth Analysis, Forecasts to 2025: Endo International, AbbVie, Eli lilly, Pfizer, Actavis ,... - December 8th, 2019
- Prostate Cancer Development May Be Linked to High Blood Levels of 2 Hormones, Study Says - Prostate Cancer News Today - December 8th, 2019
- Transitioning: a threat to our children - Spiked - December 8th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market to See Admirable Grrowth by 2024 According to a New Research Report - Kentucky Reports - December 3rd, 2019
- Expanded U.S. NATETSO Partnership Between Acerus Pharmaceuticals and Aytu BioScience Is Now Fully Operational - Financial Post - December 3rd, 2019
- The Wolf of Wall Street Immersive Experience, review: an overlong scenario with the barely contained testosterone of a stag party - inews - December 3rd, 2019
- Daughters of women with PCOS face five times greater risk - The Guardian - December 3rd, 2019
- Where Have All the Alphas Gone? | Columns - PJ Media - December 3rd, 2019
- The Pill Can Make You Less Attracted to Jerks, and Other Surprising Facts About Birth Control - Yahoo Lifestyle - December 3rd, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market To Witness Robust Expansion Throughout The Forecast Period 2019 2025 - Statsflash - December 3rd, 2019
- What supplements in the Exchange are worth your money? Part 3 - We Are The Mighty - December 3rd, 2019
- Should You Worry About Swollen Testicles? - University of Utah Health Care - November 22nd, 2019
- Symptoms of Low Testosterone in Men - FortuneHerald - November 22nd, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market To Witness Huge Growth in 2024 - Downey Magazine - November 22nd, 2019
- At-home testing kits could help Maryland residents engage in their health - WBAL TV Baltimore - November 22nd, 2019
- 8 Awful Things That Happen to You After You Turn 30 (And What You Can Do to Stop Them) - Mandatory - November 22nd, 2019
- Why men who compete as female will always have an unfair advantage over real women - Lifesite - November 22nd, 2019
- Crush Your Fitness Goals with This Fat Burner and Testosterone Booster - Men's Journal - November 15th, 2019
- Acerus Reports Third Quarter and Year-to-Date Fiscal 2019 Financial Results - Business Wire - November 15th, 2019
- Hormone therapy offered by Student Health Service - UWEC Spectator - November 15th, 2019
- Same-sex relationship to unnatural testosterone, why Dutee Chand is the only Indian to feature on 'TIME 100 Next' - Free Press Journal - November 15th, 2019
- Testosterone therapy prescription linked to increased VTE risk in JAMA study - Specialty Medical Dialogues - November 15th, 2019
- New book refutes 'boys will be boys' - Futurity: Research News - November 15th, 2019
- What is Testosterone and Why is it Important? - News Anyway - November 12th, 2019
- Value and Size Of Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market From 2019 To 2024: Detailed Research Report - The Denton Chronicle - November 12th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Industry: Time to Invest in emerging Markets | Endo International, Pfizer, Novartis - News Description - November 12th, 2019
- Global Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market Size And Share 2019: With Top Manufacturers, Applications, Key Regions, Growth Opportunities Forecast... - November 12th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy: Controversy and Trends - Medscape - November 11th, 2019
- Lawsuit claims contract breached over transgender testosterone therapy - The San Diego Union-Tribune - November 11th, 2019
- Traces of testosterone: US womens tennis star provisionally suspended for doping violation - RT - November 11th, 2019
- LANE ONE: IAAF taking the lead in transgender regulation, working with other IFs on testosterone levels - The Sports Examiner - November 11th, 2019
- Nike will look into runner Mary Cain's allegations of abuse - Minneapolis Star Tribune - November 11th, 2019
- Everything you need to know about steroids - RTE.ie - November 11th, 2019
- The double standard of feminism - University Star - November 11th, 2019
- Hearing into Team Sky doctor's lies in danger of being sent down blind alleys while the dirty secrets of Dave Brailsford's project stay uncovered -... - November 11th, 2019
- Brazil Nuts and Testosterone: Is There a Link? - Healthline - October 30th, 2019
- Side Effects of Hormone Therapy - Prostate Cancer Foundation - October 30th, 2019
- Is testosterone really the answer to my post-menopausal sexual problems? - The Guardian - October 30th, 2019
- Women are more likely to be diagnosed with depression. MSU study may help explain why. - Michigan Radio - October 30th, 2019
- Former Team Sky doctor Richard Freeman to admit to a lot of lies - Irish Times - October 30th, 2019
- Why has the field of male contraception not seen any progress? - Business Insider India - October 30th, 2019
- The link between anabolic steroids and gynecomastia in men - MENAFN.COM - October 30th, 2019
- Optimizing Diagnosis and Management of PCOS in Pediatric Patients - Endocrinology Advisor - October 22nd, 2019
- How To Deal When You Don't Want To *Do It* As Much As Your SO - Women's Health - October 22nd, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market Growing Demand, Analysis by Key Players-Bayer, Novartis - The Market Journal - October 22nd, 2019
- Krygen XL has now become the best priced and best reviewed male enhancement supplement in the UK - I'm Herald - October 22nd, 2019
- Testosterone Booster Market Distinguished Technology Development with Major Production Goals Analysis by 2026 - Connecting Investor - October 22nd, 2019
- Katrina Karkazis on the Science of Masculinity - GQ - October 20th, 2019
- Sarah Connor Tested Testosterone To Make Her Role In TERMINATOR - Somag News - October 20th, 2019
- Can't Grow a Full Beard? There's an Explanation for That - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - October 20th, 2019
- Positive Association between Preoperative Total Testosterone and Lymph Node Invasion in Intermediate Risk Prostate Cancer. - UroToday - October 20th, 2019
- SIU 2019: Timing of ADT in the Era of STAMPEDE and LATITUDE - UroToday - October 20th, 2019