If you or a loved one is one of the millions of people suffering from eczema on your face, you probably feel very frustrated at each recurrence of the redness, pimple-like bumps, discoloration, inflammation, and sometimes oozing lesions.
When eczema occurs in the face and neck it can have a profound impact on every aspect of your life and you may become desperate for relief. This is easy to understand, you greet the world with your face and you may feel the world looks on you differently when you have a recurrence.
Photo credit: kthrn
Facial eczema, sometimes called excema, is very common in infants and young children. In fact, it is normally the first area affected in this type of atopic eczema.
These cases typically clear up by adolescence, but they can recur later in life.
However, it is the adult onset of eczema in the facial area that can be more severe, cause greater discomfort, and very negatively impact your quality of life. Fortunately, this type of facial eczema can be the most responsive to safe and natural treatments.
Some of the traditional medical treatments, like topical steroid creams, are not as effective on facial eczema as more natural methods. This is because eczema is a recurring condition that sometimes requires topical treatments to be applied for extended periods of time.
Facial skin is thinner and much more sensitive than most areas on your body. Extended use of topical treatments such as steroids can cause secondary reactions like acne and infections that will lengthen the healing process and probably leave embarrassing scars.
On the other hand, there are very good natural alternatives to treat eczema on face and neck areas. All natural treatments focus on the relief and prevention of physical discomfort and visible symptoms.
However, the most effective treatments also address the psychological and quality of life aspects of this condition. This is because a mind that is free of anxiety is a vital component to treatment.
Stress is often a major trigger for facial eczema on several levels. On a very basic level stress can caused increased oil production, acne, sweating, and other conditions that irritate existing eczema occurrences and can trigger new ones.
Also, stress is also associated with bad habits that trigger face eczema like lip licking. However, stress can have more serious effects.
Many times a single allergen does not create a flare up until it combines with another chemical in your system and you have an internal reaction. Stress releases toxins into your system which can easily react with an otherwise benign allergen.
This is why relaxation techniques are an important aspect of any facial eczema treatment. This can be as simple as reading your favorite book to distract you from stress related picking, scratching, and licking. It can also include massages and warm bathes to prevent the release of toxins in your system.
Also, relaxation exercises like yoga and stretching will help your body better withstand the negative effects of stress that can cause eczema.
Makeup is an important part of everyday life and many people do not feel comfortable without it.
Some people believe that having eczema on the face means you cannot wear makeup and this lowers their quality of life.
However, for healing to take place it is important that the psychological discomfort of eczema be treated.
If wearing makeup makes you feel more normal, then makeup should be a part of your treatment.
Seek out makeup that is hypoallergenic, meaning they are less likely to cause an allergic reaction, even though they sometimes cost more. Also look for non-comedogenic makeup. This is makeup that does not clog the pores and helps your skin breathe.
When it comes time to take off the makeup and the rest of the days grime, there are good natural alternatives to harsh soaps that will help you treat eczema on face and neck areas.
For example, a boiled mixture of white oak, elm bark, and comfrey root will cleanse the skin but also greatly soothe the inflammation. There are other natural cleansers out there, but if you do not use this cleanser you should find one recommended by an eczema expert.
Also, follow the cleanser with a lotion that is zinc based to further soothe the irritation and even out your skin.
Diet and food preparation are also a key to treating eczema, especially in sensitive areas like your face. These treatments are based on balancing nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
Also, they focus on foods and preparation techniques that keep your Ph and acid levels balanced. Many studies have shown that Ph levels can have a tremendous affect on the treatment of facial eczema.
There are many other techniques to naturally and effectively treat eczema on the face. If you want to understand the techniques mentioned here in more detail, and many other fantastic methods, turn to the ebook Eczema Free.
You will learn the techniques they used to control and even prevent facial and other forms of eczema, including diet, ointments, relaxation, and more.
You can use these techniques to keep your condition in check and take back your own quality of life.
Tagged as:Eczema Cure, Eczema Treatment
The rest is here:
Eczema On Face Facial Eczema Treatment
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic - June 18th, 2018
- Dermatitis - Wikipedia - June 18th, 2018
- Eczema Symptoms & Causes | National Eczema Association - June 18th, 2018
- Eczema Types, Treatment, Home Remedies & Symptoms - June 18th, 2018
- Eczema: Definition, Causes, Treatments, and Pictures - June 18th, 2018
- Our Miracle Treatment for Eczema - The Hill Hangout - June 17th, 2018
- 13 Good Foods for Eczema Sufferers - Top Eczema Treatments - June 16th, 2018
- Eczema on face: Best creams and what to avoid - June 16th, 2018
- Home Remedies for Eczema - Treatment & Cure - Natural ... - June 9th, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis | American Academy of Dermatology - June 9th, 2018
- Thinking Moms Guide to Red Flags Eczema - June 9th, 2018
- Childhood Eczema How To Treat Eczema In Children - June 9th, 2018
- DIY Homemade Eczema Cream - Kula Mama - June 9th, 2018
- Eczema - KidsHealth - May 30th, 2018
- Dyshidrotic eczema | American Academy of Dermatology - May 30th, 2018
- Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) | AAFA.org - May 30th, 2018
- What is eczema? | American Academy of Dermatology - May 30th, 2018
- Dermatitis - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic - May 30th, 2018
- Vitamin D and eczema - May 30th, 2018
- Eczema Causes What Causes Eczema? - May 21st, 2018
- Eczema: The Autoimmune Disease Everyone Seems To Be ... - May 21st, 2018
- Eczema Treatment, Home Remedies, and Causes - May 16th, 2018
- 10 Home Remedies for Eczema - eczema.net - May 11th, 2018
- Eczema Overview, Symptoms and Treatment - Health.com - May 3rd, 2018
- Eczema Healing with Natural Remedies - April 22nd, 2018
- Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) Causes, Symptoms, Treatment - April 12th, 2018
- What is Eczema? | NEOSPORIN - April 12th, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - Mayo Clinic - April 12th, 2018
- Eczema Guide: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Options - April 12th, 2018
- My Struggle With Eye Eczema & My Miracle Cream. | Lux Life ... - April 7th, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - Diagnosis and treatment ... - March 31st, 2018
- Eczema Treatment, Home Remedies, and Causes - eMedicineHealth - March 21st, 2018
- Eczema | EVA Homoeopathy - March 7th, 2018
- Eczema - Canadian Dermatology Association - March 6th, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis - Wikipedia - March 6th, 2018
- Eczema & Dermatitis - Dr. Adrian Morris | Allergy Clinic - March 5th, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) Symptoms - Mayo Clinic - February 5th, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis | DermNet New Zealand - February 3rd, 2018
- Eczema - Atopic Dermatitis | Eczema Treatment & Symptoms - January 28th, 2018
- Eczema | University of Maryland Medical Center - December 25th, 2017
- Eczema Information from Drugs.com - December 20th, 2017
- About Eczema : National Eczema Society - December 18th, 2017
- eczema.net - December 13th, 2017
- Topical Steroids : National Eczema Society - December 10th, 2017
- Atopic Dermatitis & Eczema - American Academy of Dermatology - December 3rd, 2017
- List of Eczema Medications (162 Compared) - Drugs.com - December 1st, 2017
- eczema in children - ACAAI Public Website - December 1st, 2017
- How To Prevent Eczema Flare-Ups In Winter | Women's Health - December 1st, 2017
- Eczema Facts Eczema Association of Australasia Inc - December 1st, 2017
- 3 Natural Remedies for Eczema - verywell.com - December 1st, 2017
- Eczema - Medical Disability Guidelines - December 1st, 2017
- How to Heal Eczema Naturally Through Diet - December 1st, 2017
- Eczema - British Skin Foundation - December 1st, 2017
- 10 Home Remedies for Eczema - Health - December 1st, 2017
- Eczema | Christiane Northrup, M.D. - December 1st, 2017
- DYSHIDROTIC ECZEMA - Eczema Treatment - December 1st, 2017
- Vitamin D Council | Vitamin D and eczema - December 1st, 2017
- eczema, itchy skin - allergy - December 1st, 2017
- Dermatitis (eczema). DermNet NZ - DermNet New Zealand - December 1st, 2017
- AbbVie's positive eczema study drags down Regeneron's shares - Reuters - September 7th, 2017
- AbbVie shares rally on positive eczema study, competitor Regeneron drops - Investing.com - September 7th, 2017
- New AstraZeneca, Amgen Biotech Drug Offers Broad Asthma Relief - New York Times - September 6th, 2017
- Dealing with eczema - Metro - September 4th, 2017
- SKIN HEALTH: Skin condition research | Post Life ... - The Fort Campbell Courier - September 1st, 2017
- SkinSmart Antimicrobial debuts with eczema and wound care ... - Drug Store News - August 31st, 2017
- Daniel Boey On His Own Eczema: Let's Show The World We Can Lead Fabulous Lives! - Weekender Singapore - August 28th, 2017
- When eczema gets you banned from driving a rideshare - Malay Mail Online - August 23rd, 2017
- Doctor: Eczema medications for children could have long-term side effects - WTSP 10 News - August 20th, 2017
- Fend off Psoriasis and Eczema with Simple, Inexpensive ... - August 20th, 2017
- Tell me about levitra - Viagra vs levitra user reviews - The Santa Clara - August 19th, 2017
- Sydney boy with eczema treated with 'miracle' cream - Gears Of Biz - August 19th, 2017
- Eczema cure? Doing THIS at the gym could treat the debilitating skin condition - Express.co.uk - August 17th, 2017
- 5 All-Natural Remedies To Treat Eczema Without The Doctor - The Alternative Daily (blog) - August 14th, 2017
- Does Early Probiotic Supplementation Reduce Eczema, Asthma Development? - Monthly Prescribing Reference (registration) - August 12th, 2017
- Dermira Commits $135M for Global Rights to Roche Eczema Drug - Xconomy - August 12th, 2017
- 3 Natural Ways To Manage Eczema - Reports Healthcare - August 8th, 2017
- Taking too many antibiotics to treat eczema may worsen your condition - Miami Herald - August 6th, 2017
- Eczema and psoriasis treatment: THIS therapy could reduce the need for creams and tablets - Express.co.uk - August 6th, 2017
- How to get rid of eczema, beat the itch and scratch cycle - The Standard - August 4th, 2017
- Eczema can be worse for adults - Health24 - August 1st, 2017