If you or a loved one is one of the millions of people suffering from eczema on your face, you probably feel very frustrated at each recurrence of the redness, pimple-like bumps, discoloration, inflammation, and sometimes oozing lesions.
When eczema occurs in the face and neck it can have a profound impact on every aspect of your life and you may become desperate for relief. This is easy to understand, you greet the world with your face and you may feel the world looks on you differently when you have a recurrence.
Photo credit: kthrn
Facial eczema, sometimes called excema, is very common in infants and young children. In fact, it is normally the first area affected in this type of atopic eczema.
These cases typically clear up by adolescence, but they can recur later in life.
However, it is the adult onset of eczema in the facial area that can be more severe, cause greater discomfort, and very negatively impact your quality of life. Fortunately, this type of facial eczema can be the most responsive to safe and natural treatments.
Some of the traditional medical treatments, like topical steroid creams, are not as effective on facial eczema as more natural methods. This is because eczema is a recurring condition that sometimes requires topical treatments to be applied for extended periods of time.
Facial skin is thinner and much more sensitive than most areas on your body. Extended use of topical treatments such as steroids can cause secondary reactions like acne and infections that will lengthen the healing process and probably leave embarrassing scars.
On the other hand, there are very good natural alternatives to treat eczema on face and neck areas. All natural treatments focus on the relief and prevention of physical discomfort and visible symptoms.
However, the most effective treatments also address the psychological and quality of life aspects of this condition. This is because a mind that is free of anxiety is a vital component to treatment.
Stress is often a major trigger for facial eczema on several levels. On a very basic level stress can caused increased oil production, acne, sweating, and other conditions that irritate existing eczema occurrences and can trigger new ones.
Also, stress is also associated with bad habits that trigger face eczema like lip licking. However, stress can have more serious effects.
Many times a single allergen does not create a flare up until it combines with another chemical in your system and you have an internal reaction. Stress releases toxins into your system which can easily react with an otherwise benign allergen.
This is why relaxation techniques are an important aspect of any facial eczema treatment. This can be as simple as reading your favorite book to distract you from stress related picking, scratching, and licking. It can also include massages and warm bathes to prevent the release of toxins in your system.
Also, relaxation exercises like yoga and stretching will help your body better withstand the negative effects of stress that can cause eczema.
Makeup is an important part of everyday life and many people do not feel comfortable without it.
Some people believe that having eczema on the face means you cannot wear makeup and this lowers their quality of life.
However, for healing to take place it is important that the psychological discomfort of eczema be treated.
If wearing makeup makes you feel more normal, then makeup should be a part of your treatment.
Seek out makeup that is hypoallergenic, meaning they are less likely to cause an allergic reaction, even though they sometimes cost more. Also look for non-comedogenic makeup. This is makeup that does not clog the pores and helps your skin breathe.
When it comes time to take off the makeup and the rest of the days grime, there are good natural alternatives to harsh soaps that will help you treat eczema on face and neck areas.
For example, a boiled mixture of white oak, elm bark, and comfrey root will cleanse the skin but also greatly soothe the inflammation. There are other natural cleansers out there, but if you do not use this cleanser you should find one recommended by an eczema expert.
Also, follow the cleanser with a lotion that is zinc based to further soothe the irritation and even out your skin.
Diet and food preparation are also a key to treating eczema, especially in sensitive areas like your face. These treatments are based on balancing nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
Also, they focus on foods and preparation techniques that keep your Ph and acid levels balanced. Many studies have shown that Ph levels can have a tremendous affect on the treatment of facial eczema.
There are many other techniques to naturally and effectively treat eczema on the face. If you want to understand the techniques mentioned here in more detail, and many other fantastic methods, turn to the ebook Eczema Free.
You will learn the techniques they used to control and even prevent facial and other forms of eczema, including diet, ointments, relaxation, and more.
You can use these techniques to keep your condition in check and take back your own quality of life.
Tagged as:Eczema Cure, Eczema Treatment
The rest is here:
Eczema On Face Facial Eczema Treatment
- How to treat eczema - INSIDER - March 27th, 2019
- Atopic eczema symptoms and treatments - NHS inform - March 27th, 2019
- About Eczema - Eczema Society Of Canada - March 27th, 2019
- Discoid eczema | DermNet NZ - March 27th, 2019
- Eczema - information on daily management & care - Irish Skin ... - March 27th, 2019
- 7 Natural Remedies for Eczema | Wellness Mama - March 26th, 2019
- Eczema on Face: How to Treat Eczema Inflammation? - March 26th, 2019
- Treating Asthma and Eczema With Plant-Based Diets - Care2 - March 4th, 2019
- Healing Eczema and Psoriasis Naturally | Care2 Healthy Living - March 4th, 2019
- petition: Mirena Awareness Part II - March 4th, 2019
- 20 Great Uses For Tea Tree Oil | Care2 Healthy Living - March 4th, 2019
- How to Naturally Heal Eyelid Eczema | It's an Itchy Little World - January 5th, 2019
- Dyshidrosis - Wikipedia - January 5th, 2019
- The Fastest Way To Treat Eczema Symptoms, According To ... - January 1st, 2019
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - Diagnosis and treatment - Mayo ... - December 25th, 2018
- Eczema Types, Treatment, Home Remedies & Symptoms - December 25th, 2018
- Types of Eczema | National Eczema Association - December 25th, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - Diagnosis and treatment ... - December 22nd, 2018
- Eczema Treatment, Home Remedies, and Causes - December 13th, 2018
- Dyshidrotic eczema | American Academy of Dermatology - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema | Definition of Eczema by Merriam-Webster - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema Guide: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Options - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema Treatment: 13 Home Remedies for Eczema - Dr. Axe - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema - KidsHealth - December 10th, 2018
- List of Eczema Medications (154 Compared) - Drugs.com - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) | AAFA.org - December 9th, 2018
- Eczema in Adults and Children | Cleveland Clinic & Cleveland ... - December 9th, 2018
- What is Eczema: Definition, Causes and Prevention - December 9th, 2018
- What is eczema? | American Academy of Dermatology - December 5th, 2018
- What is Eczema? | NEOSPORIN - December 5th, 2018
- How To Treat And Get Rid Of Eczema - Emuaid For Eczema ... - December 5th, 2018
- Understanding Eczema | Eczema Exposed - December 5th, 2018
- Eczema | Causes and Treatment | Patient - December 5th, 2018
- Top Eczema Support Supplements - November 30th, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - Symptoms and causes - November 29th, 2018
- eczema.net - November 26th, 2018
- Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) Causes, Symptoms, Treatment - November 26th, 2018
- 11 Facts About Eczema | Mental Floss - November 26th, 2018
- How To Treat And Get Rid Of Eczema - Emuaid For Eczema | Emuaid - November 26th, 2018
- Eczema Solution | Emuaid - November 14th, 2018
- Targeting Eczema Triggers | Everyday Health - November 14th, 2018
- Home Remedies for Eczema - Treatment & Cure - Natural ... - November 1st, 2018
- Eczema Causes What Causes Eczema? - November 1st, 2018
- Best Eczema Hand Cream Review: My Five Picks - November 1st, 2018
- Our Miracle Treatment for Eczema - The Hill Hangout - November 1st, 2018
- How to get rid of weeping eczema - Flawless Program - November 1st, 2018
- 11 Symptoms of Eczema | Daily Natural Remedies - October 12th, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis | DermNet New Zealand - October 12th, 2018
- Eczema Symptoms & Signs | NEOSPORIN - October 12th, 2018
- Eczema: Definition, Causes, Treatments, and Pictures - October 10th, 2018
- Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema): Symptoms, Diagnosis ... - WebMD - September 6th, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis - Wikipedia - September 1st, 2018
- Eczema | Christiane Northrup, M.D. - August 27th, 2018
- Eczemaderm | Eczema Treatment Cream | Excema - August 27th, 2018
- Eczema Treatments for Kids - verywellhealth.com - August 19th, 2018
- How I Treated My Eczema - Read My Story - August 7th, 2018
- The 3 Stages of Eczema and Their Causes - August 6th, 2018
- Children And Eczema - ACAAI Public Website - August 6th, 2018
- Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) | Symptoms & Treatment | ACAAI ... - August 6th, 2018
- List of Eczema Medications (156 Compared) - Drugs.com - August 2nd, 2018
- Vitamin D and eczema - August 2nd, 2018
- Eczema - kidshealth.org - July 30th, 2018
- Eczema herpeticum: Symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment - July 24th, 2018
- Eczema: The Autoimmune Disease Everyone Seems To Be ... - July 15th, 2018
- No more sleepless nights! How to stop itchy eczema - July 8th, 2018
- DIY Homemade Eczema Cream - Kula Mama - July 8th, 2018
- Make Your Own Eczema Cream - Dr. Axe - July 3rd, 2018
- 13 Good Foods for Eczema Sufferers - Top Eczema Treatments - June 16th, 2018
- Eczema on face: Best creams and what to avoid - June 16th, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis | American Academy of Dermatology - June 9th, 2018
- Thinking Moms Guide to Red Flags Eczema - June 9th, 2018
- Childhood Eczema How To Treat Eczema In Children - June 9th, 2018
- Dermatitis - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic - May 30th, 2018
- 10 Home Remedies for Eczema - eczema.net - May 11th, 2018
- Eczema Overview, Symptoms and Treatment - Health.com - May 3rd, 2018
- Eczema Healing with Natural Remedies - April 22nd, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - Mayo Clinic - April 12th, 2018
- My Struggle With Eye Eczema & My Miracle Cream. | Lux Life ... - April 7th, 2018
- Eczema Treatment, Home Remedies, and Causes - eMedicineHealth - March 21st, 2018
- Eczema | EVA Homoeopathy - March 7th, 2018