Yahoo Lifestyle is committed to finding you the best products at the best prices. We may receive a share from purchases made via links on this page. Pricing and availability is subject to change.
If you are washing your hands and you should be and slathering on hand sanitizer to fight the spread of the coronavirus, chances are your skin is super dry and cracked just like mine.
While frequent hand-washing for at least 20 seconds is one way to protect yourself from the coronavirus, I strongly suggest applying a moisturizing hand lotion to round out your good hygiene practice.
Watch the video above as I, your Accidental Beauty Blogger host, try out six different hand creams for dry, cracked skin. And, of course, I will choose my ultimate must-have hand lotion at the of the episode. Keep reading for more details and to shop my picks.
This hand cream has a fast-absorbing, non-greasy formula. It smoothed my skin and provided the moisture my dry hands needed. What I love the most about Eucerin Advanced Repair Hand Cream is that it is free of fragrances, parabens and dyes, which is great for people with eczema. This stuff is both softening and healing though a little goes a long way!
This hand cream is said to last through all hand-washing, which is exactly what Im looking for. Unlike most hydrating creams for dry, problem skin, this one didnt smell medicinal. Instead, it has a lovely scent thats not overpowering. After washing my hands multiple times and using this product, I found that my hands remained soft and hydrated.
As someone who struggles with eczema, this has to be the best hand cream of many I have tried for my rough hands. It revived my skin quickly, adding much-needed moisture. It is thick but not greasy, and really did work to tone down redness, itchiness and stubborn, dry patches.
This hand cream is very, very thick I could barely push it out of the bottle and a bit on the oiler side. The herbal scent was too strong for me, but if you prefer clean, earthy aromas, this may be just right for you. I did notice increased moisture, but I applied this three times throughout my day and that was really annoying.
This hand cream is super lightweight. It was very moisturizing and soothed my inflamed and itchy hands. It wasnt greasy at all, and made my hands feel hydrated. Algenist GENIUS Liquid Collagen Hand Cream was very effective at re-hydrating the skin, especially my cuticles! And finally, I should also mention that this hand cream is vegan-friend.
After using OSEA Malibu Anti-Aging Hand Cream, I must say that I was mega-shocked! My hands were really rough and dry after excessive hand-washing and sanitizing. Just a little bit of this hand cream softened them up thanks to the coconut oil, and it left a clean lavender scent behind. I do feel like this bottle is not large enough though it likely wont last me until the end of social distancing. But what does last all day is the softness.
If youre familiar with Accidental Beauty Blogger, then you know that I always pick one favorite, but this time I chose two of the best hand lotions: a drugstore hand cream and a high-end option. The Gold Bond Ultimate Intensive Healing Hand Cream was the wallet-friendly pick for me because it kept my hands moisturized even after several trips to the sink for hand-washing. If I were to splurge on a hand lotion, I would have to go with the OSEA Malibu Anti-Aging Hand Cream. It smells like fresh lavender and helped to soothe all those dry patches.
For the latest coronavirus news and updates, follow along at https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus. According to experts, people over 60 and those who are immunocompromised continue to be the most at risk. If you have questions, please reference the CDC and WHOs resource guides.
- Eczema rash: The one surprising irritant you may be wearing - Express - May 28th, 2020
- Baby Soothing Salves for Diaper Rashes, Eczema and Irritated Skin - SheKnows - May 28th, 2020
- Beware two products with potent medicinal ingredients, HSA warns - The Straits Times - May 28th, 2020
- Medical Medium Anthony William on Why You Need to 'Cleanse to Heal' - Extra - May 28th, 2020
- Eight houseplants which could help boost your health - Shields Gazette - May 28th, 2020
- HSA warns about 2 'health' products that contain steroids, dangerous dose of erectile dysfunction drug - straits times - May 28th, 2020
- Enhance your mask skincare routine with these expert tips - PGH City Paper - May 28th, 2020
- Eczema Skin-Care Products Market 2020 By Manufacturers, Regions, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 16th, 2020
- Slippery fugitive, editor fires shot and Bullnanza - Hillsboro Times Gazette - May 16th, 2020
- Mother-daughter duos create Ruby's Natural Hair Care to offer beauty remedies - Rolling Out - May 16th, 2020
- How to protect your skin while wearing a mask - Telegraph.co.uk - May 14th, 2020
- Lockdown beauty: Best self-care tips and tricks from the Turks | Daily Sabah - Daily Sabah - May 14th, 2020
- HOTH THERAPEUTICS : MANAGEMENT'S DISCUSSION AND ANALYSIS OF FINANCIAL CONDITION AND RESULTS OF OPERATIONS. (form 10-Q) - marketscreener.com - May 14th, 2020
- CQ Science Introduces CQuell: First-Ever Line of Cannabis-Derived Skincare Products for Sensitive Skin - Yahoo Finance - May 14th, 2020
- People are obsessed with Amazons No. 1 anti-aging body exfoliator: Youll wish you tried this sooner - Yahoo Sports - May 14th, 2020
- Eczema: Should you be worried about small, itchy blisters on your hands and feet? - Express - May 13th, 2020
- Cracked skin on hands and feet: Causes and treatments - Medical News Today - May 13th, 2020
- Eczema treatment - the 1.50 oil to protect against dry skin at home - Express - May 13th, 2020
- Helpful tips to protect your skin while wearing a mask - NorthcentralPa.com - May 13th, 2020
- The Best Tea Tree Oil Balm That You Can Buy on Amazon - STYLECASTER - May 13th, 2020
- Does your child have chronic ear, nose and throat symptoms? It could be allergies - Omaha World-Herald - May 13th, 2020
- Expert tips: A dermatologist on how to look after your skin at the moment - The Irish Times - May 13th, 2020
- 7 Types of Eczema: Symptoms, Causes, and Pictures - April 27th, 2020
- Brighton study could mean better treatment for babies with eczema and wheeziness - Brighton and Hove News - April 27th, 2020
- Mum claims 3.50 cream soothed her babys eczema which was so severe the tot couldnt get dressed or leave the - The Sun - April 27th, 2020
- Skin irritation becoming side effect of COVID-19 pandemic - WHNT News 19 - April 27th, 2020
- Amid Family Upheaval, a Heroine Finds Comfort in the Concrete - The New York Times - April 27th, 2020
- Itches, acne and insomnia: How stressing over coronavirus affects your body - Global News - April 27th, 2020
- Atopic Eczema Treatment Market 2020 Future Growth Prospects and Trends | Novartis AG, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Pfizer Inc and Others - Cole of Duty - April 27th, 2020
- Stocks making the biggest moves in the premarket: American Express, Verizon, Intel, Tesla & more - CNBC - April 27th, 2020
- One in five with Covid-19 in Italy had same symptom - MyLondon - April 27th, 2020
- Soothe irritation with this $28 dermatologist-approved cream: 'Saved my skin' - AOL - April 27th, 2020
- Eczema Diet: Best Foods, Worst Foods, Special Diets, and More - April 21st, 2020
- Hand Eczema Is On The Rise Due To All Of Our Extra Handwashing - hypehair.com - April 21st, 2020
- LEO Pharma mounts another challenge to the eczema giants, betting $40M cash on a drug from China - Endpoints News - April 21st, 2020
- Exfoliating Eczema-Prone Skin: This Mens Bar Soap Is the Only Exfoliator That Doesnt Irritate My Skin - Self - April 21st, 2020
- COVID-19 Update: How To Avoid Dry Skin, Eczema And Dermatitis After Washing Hands More Frequently - International Business Times - April 21st, 2020
- What to do if you have dry skin or eczema from washing your hands repeatedly - Watford Observer - April 21st, 2020
- Skin Rashes and COVID-19 Connection Found by Dermatologists - Allure - April 21st, 2020
- Health Care Practitioners Give Advice for Dry Hands and Other Skin Conditions - WHO TV Des Moines - April 21st, 2020
- Beauty Of 5 #420 Edition: CBD And Hemp Seed Oil Products That Will Bless Your Skin - MadameNoire - April 21st, 2020
- Why is my skin worse in isolation? The reasons behind breakouts, spots, dryness and dull complexions - The National - April 21st, 2020
- Skin conditions and frequent hand-washing because of coronavirus what you should know - Health24 - April 21st, 2020
- Here's what to do if you have dry skin or eczema from repeatedly washing your hands - Derry Journal - April 13th, 2020
- Scientists identify a protein that switches on allergic itching - New Atlas - April 13th, 2020
- What to do when your extra clean hands are also cracked and dry - CBC.ca - April 13th, 2020
- Preventing Coronavirus Exposure When You Have Psoriasis and Eczema - Everyday Health - April 12th, 2020
- Here's Why Regenerons Stock Is Worth More Than Its Coronavirus Work - Motley Fool - April 12th, 2020
- Doctor recommends using superglue to heal painful condition: 'Believe it or not' - Yahoo News - April 12th, 2020
- Coronavirus: How to properly care for dry hands caused by hand-washing and sanitiser, according to dermatologists - The Independent - April 12th, 2020
- Do You Have 'Iso Skin'? Why Your Face Is Freaking Out And How To Fix It - 10 daily - April 12th, 2020
- Try This Vegan Carrot Cupcake Recipe, by the Creator of Lael Cakes - The Beet - April 12th, 2020
- Common protein in skin that directly activates itch-associated neurons: Study - Yahoo India News - April 12th, 2020
- #SkinSchool: How to tell if you have hand eczema - harpersbazaar.com - March 29th, 2020
- Eczema, dermatitis and how to treat dry, flaky and itchy skin - ABC News - March 29th, 2020
- Best ways to treat eczema - Daily Monitor - March 29th, 2020
- My Top 3 Drug Stocks to Buy in the Market Crash - Motley Fool - March 29th, 2020
- Teen Whose Friends Joked That She's 'Allergic To Her Boyfriend' After Painful Flare Up Is 'Saved' By $18 Coffee Scrub - Comic Sands - March 29th, 2020
- It takes a whole world to create a new virus, not just China - The Guardian - March 29th, 2020
- Body moisturisers: 10 of the best in 2020 - goodhousekeeping.com - March 29th, 2020
- Pfizer Eucrisa Label Expansion, And Other News: The Good, Bad And Ugly Of Biopharma - Citybizlist Real Estate - March 27th, 2020
- Adult Acne These Skin Issues Can Pop Up in Times of StressHere's What to Do - NewBeauty Magazine - March 27th, 2020
- Stop the Coronavirus: The Science of Washing Your Hands - Chicago Health - March 27th, 2020
- Hypoallergenic Bedding: A Guide to Getting the Best In The Market - Fife Free Press - March 27th, 2020
- 7 Best Products to Treat Eczema on Face - Face Wash, Cream ... - March 16th, 2020
- How to Tell the Difference Between Psoriasis and Eczema - Yahoo Lifestyle - March 16th, 2020
- Hand washing: Expert advice for people with skin conditions - Medical News Today - March 16th, 2020
- What Is Colloidal Oatmeal? Benefits, Uses, and Safety - Healthline - March 16th, 2020
- Stacey Solomon reveals she washes her sons clothes with reusable soap nuts and says theyre a godsend for e - The Scottish Sun - March 16th, 2020
- Skin Conditions and Stress: 4 Ways to Treat the Symptoms of Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis, and More - Thrive Global - March 16th, 2020
- Addicted skin Does your skin have a habit? | Health Wellness - NorthFulton.com - March 16th, 2020
- What to Do If Your Hands Are a Mess From Washing Them so... - The Doctor Weighs In - March 16th, 2020
- Asana BioSciences Announces Topical Sodium Channel Blocker ASN008 Achieves Positive Results for the Treatment of Pruritus in Atopic Dermatitis; and... - March 16th, 2020
- Soaps made from goat milk? This Chennai store is the place to buy it - The Hindu - March 16th, 2020
- Trends in the Ready To Use Atopic Eczema Treatment Market 2019-2020 - Packaging News 24 - March 16th, 2020
- Acne sufferers rave over life-changing vitamins which cleared their skin in just ONE month - The Sun - March 16th, 2020
- This smoothie is full of veggies and kids love it! - Campbell River Mirror - March 16th, 2020
- Daily moisturizers ineffective in preventing Eczema - Medical Herald - February 25th, 2020
- Leprosy exists in Florida? Heres what you should know - Gainesville Sun - February 25th, 2020
- The 'Russia Is Stealing The Election For Trump' Craze Is Back For 2020 - The Federalist - February 25th, 2020