That day is the 11the of October, International Day of the Girl Child. While there could be many different topics and issues we could touch on when it comes to the empowerment of females, What better way is there than to introduce women who are making things happen inspiring their community. Today we focus on Japan and explore what up and coming initiative is strengthening its community.
Meet EikoKitagawa a mother of 2 children determined to tackle mental, physical healthand well-being by educating people the benefit of utilizing clay a naturalresource that has been around on earth for ages.
According to the directory of clay material for the self-reliance potter, Clay is a product of the continuous weathering of the Earths surface. Our study of clay begins with how the planet Earth was formed.
Weathering breaks up the granite rocks and enables the water to wash away the soluble soda, potash or lime parts of the feldspar. These soluble parts are carried away by water and the soda ends up adding to the salt of the oceans. Most of the remaining alumina and silica of the feldspar combine with water and forms a new mineral: clay.
Eiko Kitagawabegan her journey in 2017 by working as a clay therapist. Whileclay is still a niche topic in Japan she was certain that this was a solutionto both mental and physical wellbeing for people.
In Japan, the word Clay is mostly known for mud bath where people will take a bath filled with mud/clay material. Eiko continues,
After working at the National bank and receiving blessings of giving birth to a daughter and a son, I had a great opportunity to find out about clay and its effect as a cure for personal skin problems. With my daughters allergies and between my son infant eczema and my hand eczema I have come to experience the positive effect of utilizing Clay as a skin cream.That was when I began to learn more about it. The more I learn the larger my passion grew. Now it is my mission to share the impact here in Japan and the world.
Understanding the physical benefit of clay material and how it helps your skin to be better, we were curious to know about the relationship between the material and mental health.
Eiko shared with us, thetag line I have been pushing forward goes like this Encouraging positivehealing with the infinite power of nature.
Through providing solutions based on Clay material, Its my mission to 1 close the gap between us and nature and 2. Providing enjoyment of interacting with clay a natural resource nature provides,3 encourage mental and physical well-being. And most importantly it is this process we believe could be the most effective in providing ultimate wellbeing.
In recent years,stress has been a big issue causing various negative effects in modern society.
There are manypeople who choose to combat this by interacting with nature. Some take a breakfrom work and go out for a hike in a vast nature. Seemingly out of nowheredecides to go on a trip.
Actions like this remind us that our body understands and long for green scenery, air and all the positive effects nature provides us.
After I started using clay for my skin, I have become more conscious about removing extra things from my body and adding nutrition and things that are not consumed enough (Clay also has this effect of sucking out extra things and replenishes minerals). I have also been far more conscious of my state both mentally and physically.
This may be the flywheel that will enrich modern society. While there are many cosmetics sold throughout the globe Amazonian clay infused makeup brash: introduced on QVC for one, rather than putting the materialistic or physical beauty on the peddle stole, workshops and courses such as the one Eiko organizes help us also at a mental level. By helping people be more conscious of why they choose the product, continually remind them of the importance of mental health, physical health and ultimately self-care.
Eiko is now on the verge of building one of building a like-minded community that shares the understanding and value of clay. We thank this opportunity to witness Eikos journey and it is our desire that people around the world can benefit from such initiative. This is International Day of the Girl Child, Introducing empowering women around the globe series, Japan.
You can find outmore about Eiko Kitagawas work from Facebook page. Earthly Harmony
- Parents Reveal The Pain Of Helping A Child With Eczema - 10 daily - December 3rd, 2019
- CBD Brands Initiates Study to Investigate a Novel Cannabidiol Lotion for the Treatment of Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema) - PRNewswire - December 3rd, 2019
- Why This Atopic Dermatitis Study Was So Well Received - 24/7 Wall St. - December 3rd, 2019
- Prevent Suffering From Skin Inflammation This Winter By Avoiding This One Thing - International Business Times - December 3rd, 2019
- Sanofi and Regeneron's medical congress campaign focuses on type 2 inflammation education for docs - FiercePharma - November 21st, 2019
- Atopic dermatitis linked to increased risk of atrial fibrillation - Dermatology Times - November 21st, 2019
- What is cica? Everything a dermatologist wants you to know about this buzzy ingredient - Yahoo Lifestyle - November 21st, 2019
- Discover the Eczema Market Size Research Report 2019-2028 - Daily News Collectors - November 21st, 2019
- Itching after a shower: Causes and remedies - Medical News Today - November 15th, 2019
- Itchy tattoo: Causes and treatment - Medical News Today - November 15th, 2019
- Mum whose toddlers eczema was so bad he needed to be bandaged praises 7 miracle cream - The Sun - November 15th, 2019
- Eczema: These essential oils will soothe your skin - TheHealthSite - November 15th, 2019
- The only way to cure my agonising eczema was to STOP treatment after I suffered horrendous withd - The Sun - November 15th, 2019
- Why eczema can get worse in the winter, according to a doctor - Daily Star - November 15th, 2019
- Montrose tot Alfie gets on his bike to raise cash for skin condition charity which has helped his family - The Courier - November 15th, 2019
- Atopic Eczema Treatment Market 2019, Trend, CAGR Status, Growth, Analysis and Forecast to 2024 - Virtualnewsusa - November 15th, 2019
- Evidence Growing That Eczema Itch More Than Skin Deep - Medscape - November 3rd, 2019
- Itchy Skin Conditions And Mental Health Are Linked, And We Need to Talk About It - ScienceAlert - November 3rd, 2019
- Ive Tried Hundreds Of Sensitive Skin Products Heres What I Recommend - Refinery29 - November 3rd, 2019
- This Creepy Life-Sized Doll Is a Warning About What Office Life Is Doing to Us - ScienceAlert - November 3rd, 2019
- Effectiveness of clinical decision support tools on pediatrician adherence to peanut allergy prevention guidelines - 2 Minute Medicine - November 3rd, 2019
- Eczema On The Face: How To Care For Your Skin Naturally - mindbodygreen.com - October 30th, 2019
- Best Eczema Makeup According to Dermatologists and Other Beauty Pros - STYLECASTER - October 30th, 2019
- How to keep your skin healthy this winter - Post Register - October 30th, 2019
- Norovirus to shigella and eczema the ultimate guide to protect your kids from winter bugs - The Sun - October 30th, 2019
- A Terrifying Glimpse At What Office Workers Could Look Like In 20 Years - IFLScience - October 30th, 2019
- Eczema Awareness Month 2019 - Everyday Health - October 20th, 2019
- Chronic Itch: New Therapy, Complexities - MedPage Today - October 20th, 2019
- How mould and damp in your home affects your body and health - and what to do about it - MyLondon - October 20th, 2019
- Eczema Skin-Care Products Market Growth, Competition landscape, Sales, Revenue, Distributors and Forecast till 2025 - Online News Guru - October 20th, 2019
- 'I Tried Wet Wrap Therapy for Eczema, and It Helped Reset My Skin' - Everyday Health - October 17th, 2019
- Meet the Northern Ireland people battling eczema who are finally comfortable in their own skin - Belfast Telegraph - October 17th, 2019
- Our top scientists and the discovery that could revolutionise cancer, eczema treatment - The Age - October 17th, 2019
- Eczema Body Lotions That Will Save Your Winter Skin - STYLECASTER - October 17th, 2019
- Bausch Health Announces Updated Health Canada Safety Information for ELIDEL - Canada NewsWire - October 17th, 2019
- Study: Babies who are heavier at birth may have a higher risk of childhood allergies - Malay Mail - October 17th, 2019
- What Are the Benefits of Turmeric? - The New York Times - October 17th, 2019
- Give your Eczema-prone skin twice the nourishment it deserves with the help of Aveenos Dermexa - Business Mirror - October 17th, 2019
- Should You Try an Elimination Diet to Determine the Root Cause of Eczema? - Everyday Health - October 11th, 2019
- Long-Term Dupilumab Safe, Effective in Adolescents with Atopic Dermatitis - Pharmacy Times - October 11th, 2019
- Eating Fish in Early Childhood Even Just Once a Week Reduces Risk of Disease - SciTechDaily - October 11th, 2019
- Breath of fresh heir: how Succession became the must-watch TV of the year - The Guardian - October 11th, 2019
- Feed your kids fish if you want to reduce their risk of eczema & asthma - TimesLIVE - October 10th, 2019
- Dermatologist shares top tips for treating eczema - and busts myths about painful skin condition - Heart - October 10th, 2019
- Arcutis Announces Enrollment of Last Patient in Phase 2a Clinical Trial of ARQ-151 Cream as a Potential Topical Treatment for Atopic Dermatitis -... - October 10th, 2019
- LEO Pharma to Highlight Data at 28th Congress of the European Academy of Dermatology (EADV) - Yahoo Finance - October 10th, 2019
- Inside the First-Ever Skin Folks Event: A Series Aiming To Build a More Inclusive Skincare Community - Vogue - October 10th, 2019
- CBS4s Frances Wang Reveals Personal & Painful Skin Condition To Help Others - CBS Miami - October 4th, 2019
- Understanding a Social Movement and Its Goals of Social Change - Thrive Global - October 4th, 2019
- How to Tweak Your Skin-Care Routine for Fall, Depending on Your Skin Type - Everyday Health - October 4th, 2019
- Eczema in kids: What parents can do to calm the itch - WTOP - October 2nd, 2019
- Pfizer's JAK inhibitor hits the mark in another phase 3 eczema trial - FierceBiotech - October 2nd, 2019
- How treating food allergies and AD has changed - Contemporary Pediatrics - October 2nd, 2019
- Over 500 prisoners infected with eczema in Jhapa jail - Himalayan Times - October 2nd, 2019
- Dr. Pimple Popper uses this affordable CeraVe healing ointment - TODAY - October 2nd, 2019
- Doctor: Medication adherence is key to preventing allergy symptoms - KSHB - October 2nd, 2019
- How to treat eczema - INSIDER - March 27th, 2019
- Atopic eczema symptoms and treatments - NHS inform - March 27th, 2019
- About Eczema - Eczema Society Of Canada - March 27th, 2019
- Discoid eczema | DermNet NZ - March 27th, 2019
- Eczema - information on daily management & care - Irish Skin ... - March 27th, 2019
- 7 Natural Remedies for Eczema | Wellness Mama - March 26th, 2019
- Eczema on Face: How to Treat Eczema Inflammation? - March 26th, 2019
- Treating Asthma and Eczema With Plant-Based Diets - Care2 - March 4th, 2019
- Healing Eczema and Psoriasis Naturally | Care2 Healthy Living - March 4th, 2019
- petition: Mirena Awareness Part II - March 4th, 2019
- 20 Great Uses For Tea Tree Oil | Care2 Healthy Living - March 4th, 2019
- How to Naturally Heal Eyelid Eczema | It's an Itchy Little World - January 5th, 2019
- Dyshidrosis - Wikipedia - January 5th, 2019
- The Fastest Way To Treat Eczema Symptoms, According To ... - January 1st, 2019
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - Diagnosis and treatment - Mayo ... - December 25th, 2018
- Eczema Types, Treatment, Home Remedies & Symptoms - December 25th, 2018
- Types of Eczema | National Eczema Association - December 25th, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - Diagnosis and treatment ... - December 22nd, 2018
- Eczema Treatment, Home Remedies, and Causes - December 13th, 2018
- Dyshidrotic eczema | American Academy of Dermatology - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema | Definition of Eczema by Merriam-Webster - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema Guide: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Options - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema Treatment: 13 Home Remedies for Eczema - Dr. Axe - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema - KidsHealth - December 10th, 2018