That day is the 11the of October, International Day of the Girl Child. While there could be many different topics and issues we could touch on when it comes to the empowerment of females, What better way is there than to introduce women who are making things happen inspiring their community. Today we focus on Japan and explore what up and coming initiative is strengthening its community.
Meet EikoKitagawa a mother of 2 children determined to tackle mental, physical healthand well-being by educating people the benefit of utilizing clay a naturalresource that has been around on earth for ages.
According to the directory of clay material for the self-reliance potter, Clay is a product of the continuous weathering of the Earths surface. Our study of clay begins with how the planet Earth was formed.
Weathering breaks up the granite rocks and enables the water to wash away the soluble soda, potash or lime parts of the feldspar. These soluble parts are carried away by water and the soda ends up adding to the salt of the oceans. Most of the remaining alumina and silica of the feldspar combine with water and forms a new mineral: clay.
Eiko Kitagawabegan her journey in 2017 by working as a clay therapist. Whileclay is still a niche topic in Japan she was certain that this was a solutionto both mental and physical wellbeing for people.
In Japan, the word Clay is mostly known for mud bath where people will take a bath filled with mud/clay material. Eiko continues,
After working at the National bank and receiving blessings of giving birth to a daughter and a son, I had a great opportunity to find out about clay and its effect as a cure for personal skin problems. With my daughters allergies and between my son infant eczema and my hand eczema I have come to experience the positive effect of utilizing Clay as a skin cream.That was when I began to learn more about it. The more I learn the larger my passion grew. Now it is my mission to share the impact here in Japan and the world.
Understanding the physical benefit of clay material and how it helps your skin to be better, we were curious to know about the relationship between the material and mental health.
Eiko shared with us, thetag line I have been pushing forward goes like this Encouraging positivehealing with the infinite power of nature.
Through providing solutions based on Clay material, Its my mission to 1 close the gap between us and nature and 2. Providing enjoyment of interacting with clay a natural resource nature provides,3 encourage mental and physical well-being. And most importantly it is this process we believe could be the most effective in providing ultimate wellbeing.
In recent years,stress has been a big issue causing various negative effects in modern society.
There are manypeople who choose to combat this by interacting with nature. Some take a breakfrom work and go out for a hike in a vast nature. Seemingly out of nowheredecides to go on a trip.
Actions like this remind us that our body understands and long for green scenery, air and all the positive effects nature provides us.
After I started using clay for my skin, I have become more conscious about removing extra things from my body and adding nutrition and things that are not consumed enough (Clay also has this effect of sucking out extra things and replenishes minerals). I have also been far more conscious of my state both mentally and physically.
This may be the flywheel that will enrich modern society. While there are many cosmetics sold throughout the globe Amazonian clay infused makeup brash: introduced on QVC for one, rather than putting the materialistic or physical beauty on the peddle stole, workshops and courses such as the one Eiko organizes help us also at a mental level. By helping people be more conscious of why they choose the product, continually remind them of the importance of mental health, physical health and ultimately self-care.
Eiko is now on the verge of building one of building a like-minded community that shares the understanding and value of clay. We thank this opportunity to witness Eikos journey and it is our desire that people around the world can benefit from such initiative. This is International Day of the Girl Child, Introducing empowering women around the globe series, Japan.
You can find outmore about Eiko Kitagawas work from Facebook page. Earthly Harmony
- Eczema symptoms: Whats the difference between eczema and psoriasis? - Express - July 3rd, 2020
- 'What Do You Have to Lose?': What We Heard This Week - MedPage Today - July 3rd, 2020
- Vendor of the Week: Peaches N Cream soaps soothe the skin - Greenville Daily Reflector - July 3rd, 2020
- I make soap from my BREAST MILK and my whole family bathe with it its done wonders for our skin - The Sun - July 3rd, 2020
- Dermatology Diagnostic Devices and Therapeutics Market Analysis and Forecast 2017 2025 - Cole of Duty - July 3rd, 2020
- Eczema: Treatments, causes, symptoms and more - TODAY - TODAY - July 1st, 2020
- Genetics, profession: Heres the reason why eczema happens - Hindustan Times - July 1st, 2020
- Eczema treatment: Apply this essential oil to ease symptoms of the skin condition - Express - June 17th, 2020
- Eczema rash: The warning sign your skin condition has developed an infection - Express - June 17th, 2020
- Dermavant Announces Publication in JAAD of Secondary Efficacy and Patient-Reported Outcomes in Phase 2b Clinical Trial of Tapinarof Cream for the... - June 17th, 2020
- How To Protect Your Skin While Wearing A Face Mask - Grit Daily - June 17th, 2020
- Licorice Root: Benefits, Uses, Precautions, and Dosage - Healthline - June 17th, 2020
- New Cannabis Products: OTC Topicals, A Fast-Acting Line And A Creative Thinking Journal - Yahoo Finance - June 17th, 2020
- COVID 19 Prevention: The Good, The Bad and The Other. - Adventist News Network - June 17th, 2020
- Eczema cream: Dermatologists reveal the top three emollients to relieve itchy, sore skin - Express.co.uk - June 10th, 2020
- CBRE named exclusive leasing agent for growing salt therapy provider - NJBIZ - June 10th, 2020
- How To Keep Your Skin Healthy While Constantly Wearing A Face Mask - CBS Boston - June 10th, 2020
- Baby acne: symptoms, signs and treatment - Netdoctor - June 10th, 2020
- 3 ways to get rid of eczema and prevent flare ups - Insider - INSIDER - June 8th, 2020
- Binghamton biomedical researchers get closer to why eczema happens - Binghamton University - June 8th, 2020
- My Green Mattress announces 4th of July Sale - Cherokee Tribune Ledger News - June 8th, 2020
- Eczema rash: The one surprising irritant you may be wearing - Express - May 28th, 2020
- Baby Soothing Salves for Diaper Rashes, Eczema and Irritated Skin - SheKnows - May 28th, 2020
- Beware two products with potent medicinal ingredients, HSA warns - The Straits Times - May 28th, 2020
- Medical Medium Anthony William on Why You Need to 'Cleanse to Heal' - Extra - May 28th, 2020
- Eight houseplants which could help boost your health - Shields Gazette - May 28th, 2020
- HSA warns about 2 'health' products that contain steroids, dangerous dose of erectile dysfunction drug - straits times - May 28th, 2020
- Enhance your mask skincare routine with these expert tips - PGH City Paper - May 28th, 2020
- Eczema Skin-Care Products Market 2020 By Manufacturers, Regions, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 16th, 2020
- Slippery fugitive, editor fires shot and Bullnanza - Hillsboro Times Gazette - May 16th, 2020
- Mother-daughter duos create Ruby's Natural Hair Care to offer beauty remedies - Rolling Out - May 16th, 2020
- How to protect your skin while wearing a mask - Telegraph.co.uk - May 14th, 2020
- Lockdown beauty: Best self-care tips and tricks from the Turks | Daily Sabah - Daily Sabah - May 14th, 2020
- HOTH THERAPEUTICS : MANAGEMENT'S DISCUSSION AND ANALYSIS OF FINANCIAL CONDITION AND RESULTS OF OPERATIONS. (form 10-Q) - marketscreener.com - May 14th, 2020
- CQ Science Introduces CQuell: First-Ever Line of Cannabis-Derived Skincare Products for Sensitive Skin - Yahoo Finance - May 14th, 2020
- People are obsessed with Amazons No. 1 anti-aging body exfoliator: Youll wish you tried this sooner - Yahoo Sports - May 14th, 2020
- Eczema: Should you be worried about small, itchy blisters on your hands and feet? - Express - May 13th, 2020
- Cracked skin on hands and feet: Causes and treatments - Medical News Today - May 13th, 2020
- Eczema treatment - the 1.50 oil to protect against dry skin at home - Express - May 13th, 2020
- Helpful tips to protect your skin while wearing a mask - NorthcentralPa.com - May 13th, 2020
- The Best Tea Tree Oil Balm That You Can Buy on Amazon - STYLECASTER - May 13th, 2020
- Does your child have chronic ear, nose and throat symptoms? It could be allergies - Omaha World-Herald - May 13th, 2020
- Expert tips: A dermatologist on how to look after your skin at the moment - The Irish Times - May 13th, 2020
- 7 Types of Eczema: Symptoms, Causes, and Pictures - April 27th, 2020
- Brighton study could mean better treatment for babies with eczema and wheeziness - Brighton and Hove News - April 27th, 2020
- Mum claims 3.50 cream soothed her babys eczema which was so severe the tot couldnt get dressed or leave the - The Sun - April 27th, 2020
- Skin irritation becoming side effect of COVID-19 pandemic - WHNT News 19 - April 27th, 2020
- Amid Family Upheaval, a Heroine Finds Comfort in the Concrete - The New York Times - April 27th, 2020
- Itches, acne and insomnia: How stressing over coronavirus affects your body - Global News - April 27th, 2020
- Atopic Eczema Treatment Market 2020 Future Growth Prospects and Trends | Novartis AG, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Pfizer Inc and Others - Cole of Duty - April 27th, 2020
- Stocks making the biggest moves in the premarket: American Express, Verizon, Intel, Tesla & more - CNBC - April 27th, 2020
- One in five with Covid-19 in Italy had same symptom - MyLondon - April 27th, 2020
- Soothe irritation with this $28 dermatologist-approved cream: 'Saved my skin' - AOL - April 27th, 2020
- Eczema Diet: Best Foods, Worst Foods, Special Diets, and More - April 21st, 2020
- Hand Eczema Is On The Rise Due To All Of Our Extra Handwashing - hypehair.com - April 21st, 2020
- LEO Pharma mounts another challenge to the eczema giants, betting $40M cash on a drug from China - Endpoints News - April 21st, 2020
- Exfoliating Eczema-Prone Skin: This Mens Bar Soap Is the Only Exfoliator That Doesnt Irritate My Skin - Self - April 21st, 2020
- COVID-19 Update: How To Avoid Dry Skin, Eczema And Dermatitis After Washing Hands More Frequently - International Business Times - April 21st, 2020
- What to do if you have dry skin or eczema from washing your hands repeatedly - Watford Observer - April 21st, 2020
- Skin Rashes and COVID-19 Connection Found by Dermatologists - Allure - April 21st, 2020
- Health Care Practitioners Give Advice for Dry Hands and Other Skin Conditions - WHO TV Des Moines - April 21st, 2020
- Beauty Of 5 #420 Edition: CBD And Hemp Seed Oil Products That Will Bless Your Skin - MadameNoire - April 21st, 2020
- Why is my skin worse in isolation? The reasons behind breakouts, spots, dryness and dull complexions - The National - April 21st, 2020
- Skin conditions and frequent hand-washing because of coronavirus what you should know - Health24 - April 21st, 2020
- Here's what to do if you have dry skin or eczema from repeatedly washing your hands - Derry Journal - April 13th, 2020
- Scientists identify a protein that switches on allergic itching - New Atlas - April 13th, 2020
- What to do when your extra clean hands are also cracked and dry - CBC.ca - April 13th, 2020
- Preventing Coronavirus Exposure When You Have Psoriasis and Eczema - Everyday Health - April 12th, 2020
- Here's Why Regenerons Stock Is Worth More Than Its Coronavirus Work - Motley Fool - April 12th, 2020
- Doctor recommends using superglue to heal painful condition: 'Believe it or not' - Yahoo News - April 12th, 2020
- Coronavirus: How to properly care for dry hands caused by hand-washing and sanitiser, according to dermatologists - The Independent - April 12th, 2020
- Do You Have 'Iso Skin'? Why Your Face Is Freaking Out And How To Fix It - 10 daily - April 12th, 2020
- Try This Vegan Carrot Cupcake Recipe, by the Creator of Lael Cakes - The Beet - April 12th, 2020
- Common protein in skin that directly activates itch-associated neurons: Study - Yahoo India News - April 12th, 2020
- #SkinSchool: How to tell if you have hand eczema - harpersbazaar.com - March 29th, 2020
- Eczema, dermatitis and how to treat dry, flaky and itchy skin - ABC News - March 29th, 2020
- Best ways to treat eczema - Daily Monitor - March 29th, 2020
- My Top 3 Drug Stocks to Buy in the Market Crash - Motley Fool - March 29th, 2020
- Teen Whose Friends Joked That She's 'Allergic To Her Boyfriend' After Painful Flare Up Is 'Saved' By $18 Coffee Scrub - Comic Sands - March 29th, 2020
- It takes a whole world to create a new virus, not just China - The Guardian - March 29th, 2020