For more information or to refer a patient, please call 401-444-8712or visit cviri.org
Interventional cardiologists at the Lifespan Cardiovascular Institute offer a broad array of high-quality services unique in our area.
They specialize in treating patients who arrive in the early stages of a heart attack and excel in caring for acutely ill patients.
Our experts perform a high volume of emergency percutaneous coronary interventions for STEMI (ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction, commonly called a heart attack). Surgeons, advanced practice providers, nurses, technicians, and other specialists work together to give patients the best, most comprehensive care to help them achieve an optimal recovery.
Our physicians performed the first outpatient cardiac catheterization in New England and were among the first in the United States to perform angioplasty and rotational atherectomies and to insert stents.
Cardiac catheterization is used for therapeutic as well as diagnostic purposes. Interventional cardiology procedures include:
We are pioneers in the development of surgeries to diagnose and treat heart conditions as well as in many current techniques, strategies, and tools used to perform catheterizations. These advances have made the diagnosis and treatment of heart disease easier, safer, more accurate, and more effective.
We treat patients in four catheterization labs each at Rhode Island Hospital and The Miriam Hospital, a 16-bed procedural care unit at The Miriam Hospital, and noninvasive echocardiography and vascular laboratories. Rhode Island Hospital has two state-of-the-art hybrid operating units that have cardiac catheterization labs within them.
Our physicians research includes investigation of new preventive medical therapies, balloons, stents, and other interventional devices for coronary and non-coronary vascular disease and structural heart disease; adjunctive pharmacologic therapies for acute coronary syndromes; and new therapies to improve the treatment of heart failure and cardiogenic shock, the most serious consequence of a heart attack.
Read the original:
Rhode Island Interventional Cardiology | Cardiovascular ...
- Cardiovascular Medicine | Department of Medicine - March 29th, 2019
- Centenary Institute | Medical Research, Life Saving Research - February 24th, 2019
- Cardiomyopathy - CardioSmart - February 8th, 2019
- Dr. Lorrie Kirshenbaum, Cardiac Gene Biology | St ... - January 28th, 2019
- 9 Benefits of Human Growth Hormone (Along with Side ... - December 27th, 2018
- Growth hormone deficiency - Wikipedia - December 27th, 2018
- Interventional Cardiology - Boston Scientific - December 23rd, 2018
- Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology - December 23rd, 2018
- Interventional Cardiology Certification Policies | ABIM.org - December 23rd, 2018
- Stem-cell therapy - Wikipedia - December 22nd, 2018
- Journal of Stem Cell Research and Therapy- Open Access ... - December 22nd, 2018
- Stem Cell Research & Therapy | Home page - December 22nd, 2018
- Welcome to the ABG Tutorial Welcome to Hansen - December 12th, 2018
- Cardiac catheterization - Wikipedia - December 12th, 2018
- Lower vascular plant | botany | Britannica.com - December 7th, 2018
- Molecular Cardiology Research Institute Boston | Tufts ... - November 29th, 2018
- What is an interventional cardiologist? | Heart Surgeries ... - November 26th, 2018
- NIMH Home - November 24th, 2018
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for Wound Healing | Johns ... - November 13th, 2018
- Cardiac Rhythm Disturbances | The Patient Guide to Heart ... - November 2nd, 2018
- Arrhythmia | Cleveland Clinic - November 2nd, 2018
- # Diabetes Stem Cell Research Diabetes Care Measures - September 30th, 2018
- Center for Vascular Biology - Home | UConn Health - September 22nd, 2018
- Mental Health - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - September 6th, 2018
- Adult Mental Health | Georgia Department of Behavioral Health ... - September 6th, 2018
- Mental Health | ECLKC - September 6th, 2018
- ECM for Pericardial Closure - Aziyo - August 25th, 2018
- Cardiac Rehabilitation: Overview, History and Definition ... - August 25th, 2018
- Difference between Cardiac Arrest and Respiratory Arrest ... - August 25th, 2018
- Coronary Heart Disease - Ischaemic heart disease - British ... - August 21st, 2018
- Sudden Death in Dogs - Pet Health Network | Pet Health ... - August 7th, 2018
- Ulcerative Colitis Information Centre - July 31st, 2018
- Weinstein Cardiovascular Development and Regeneration Meeting - June 30th, 2018
- Ayurvedic Medicines for Ulcerative Colitis | Natural ... - June 21st, 2018
- Arizona Heart Rhythm Center - June 10th, 2018
- Diagnosis & Treatment of Parkinson's - ParkinsonsDisease.net - May 30th, 2018
- 13 Super Foods Good for Eczema - Top Eczema Treatments - May 15th, 2018
- Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapeutics: William H. Frishman ... - May 13th, 2018
- Ticagrelor vs Clopidogrel After Fibrinolytic Therapy in ... - April 22nd, 2018
- Managing Right Ventricular Failure in PAH: An Algorithmic ... - April 14th, 2018
- Biology Junction - April 12th, 2018
- Journal of Clinical & Experimental Cardiology - Open Access Journals - April 10th, 2018
- Cardiology Treatment - Fortis Healthcare - April 10th, 2018
- Spinal Cord Injuries - emedicine.medscape.com - February 15th, 2018
- Spinal Cord Injuries - spine.org - February 15th, 2018
- Will States Continue To Fund Stem Cell Research? : Shots ... - January 28th, 2018
- Business Directory | Uptown Waterloo Business Improvement Area - January 8th, 2018
- Ulcerative colitis - Treatment - NHS.UK - January 7th, 2018
- Ulcerative Colitis - Cedars-Sinai - January 6th, 2018
- When Stroke Affects the Thalamus - Stroke Connection ... - December 28th, 2017
- The Endocrine System: Hypothalamus and Pituitary - December 28th, 2017
- Hypothalamus - Anatomy, Blood supply and Function | Kenhub - December 28th, 2017
- Hypothalamus - the body's thermostat | ASU - Ask A Biologist - December 6th, 2017
- Cerebral palsy: Symptoms, diagnosis, treatment - December 5th, 2017
- Jake Diekman throws BP session for Rangers | MLB.com - MLB.com - August 6th, 2017