For a society striving for equal opportunity and freedom to act as one pleases, common values have fallen into the pit of unequivocal standards. The general characteristics of male and female behavior are no longer held on the same platform and terms like hyper-masculinity are blacklisted while feminism seems to be on an exponential growth curve.
However, masculinity and femininity are two sides of the same coin. If feminism does not have a tipping point, masculinity cannot have one either.
The female sex has been stifled beneath an overbearing sentiment of male superiority for a large portion of American history but there is such a thing as overcorrection. When the feminism movement started, it was based on equal opportunity.
Candy-apple-red fingernails folded away in firm fists rose as the most admirable Rosie Riveters cheered on the inalienable rights of women. Fast forward and the feminist movement has made well-deserved headway from suffrage, to breaking through female objectification, to equal job opportunities.
Now in 2019, the movement has reached its fourth wave and has grown curious since its original drift; the tides have turned. Men are the ones facing suppression.
Regardless of gender identity notions, it is indisputable how individuals born with XX or XY chromosomes have certain biological trends indicative of their future mannerisms. Glands are secreting hormones like estrogen and testosterone that predispose the body to act a certain kind of way.
Scientific knowledge is not an opinionthis is science. These predispositions are still beneath the veil of voluntary and meditated action, but it is a biological tendencylike many other thingsthe 21st-century advocates tolerance for.
Unless hypocrisy in the philosophical perspective is something suddenly admirable, it does not make sense to cherry-pick how and where logic is applied. If something is out of someones control, like sexual preference, people cannot help certain behaviors.
A study titled Testosterone and Aggressive Behavior in Man found, though at varying levels, testosterone manifested itself through a number of coined hypermasculine characteristics. Physical and verbal aggressiveness, dominance behaviors and competitiveness were included. The study stated, testosterone plays a significant role in the arousal of these behavioral manifestations.
Jonathan Gottschall, English professor at Washington & Jefferson College in Pennsylvania, released a book in 2015 titled The Professor in the Cage: Why Men Fight and Why We Like to Watch.
His last line in the book remarks, if this sounds insane, if it sounds like I am captive to a barbaric version of masculinity, I plead guilty. My only defense is I am not alone. As well soon see, this barbaric masculinity is typical of our species, not just our culture.
Unless society is content to trade a football tackle for a hug or to stop letting women go braless, people are going to have to accept some members of the male sex are biologically built to be more aggressive, sexually inclined and competitive than the female sex.
However, this is not a means to dismiss rape or excessive public violence. Such concepts are universally inappropriate and therefore cannot be used as an argument against hyper-masculinity; they are not exclusive.
However, let men scuffle if they please. Let them be assertive. Current attitudes are too often formatted in a way resembling an unevenly spread peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It is not sensible to apply to one side what is not applied to the other. If there is one thing women have learned from feminist activism, it is how to make a proper sandwich.
Viewed 47 times, 47 visits today
See the original post:
- Testosterone Therapy - Royal Men's Medical Center - December 10th, 2019
- BioTE Medical Founder and Chairman Warns of Potential Serious Impact on Women's Health from Recent Position Statement on Women's Testosterone Therapy... - December 10th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market Expected to Deliver Dynamic Progression until 2028| AbbVie, Endo International, Eli lilly - Breaking News... - December 10th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market Top Players (Endo International, AbbVie, Eli lilly, Pfizer, Actavis, Bayer, Novartis, Teva, Mylan,... - December 10th, 2019
- People Are Poisoning Themselves With Essential Oils. Please Don't - IFLScience - December 10th, 2019
- What are the signs of low testosterone levels in men? - Times of India - December 8th, 2019
- Relugolix Induces Sustained Testosterone Reduction in Advanced PC, Phase 3 Trial Results Show - Prostate Cancer News Today - December 8th, 2019
- Surgeons Transplant a Testicle From One Brother to His Twin - The New York Times - December 8th, 2019
- Two teams 'full of testosterone': Ducks ready for grudge rematch with Capitals - The Athletic - December 8th, 2019
- What are the rules for trans athletes in football? - Goal.com - December 8th, 2019
- Testosterone: What It Can And Can't Do, Signs You're Low, And How To Increase It - Men's Health - December 8th, 2019
- Global Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market Insights, Growth Analysis, Forecasts to 2025: Endo International, AbbVie, Eli lilly, Pfizer, Actavis ,... - December 8th, 2019
- Prostate Cancer Development May Be Linked to High Blood Levels of 2 Hormones, Study Says - Prostate Cancer News Today - December 8th, 2019
- Transitioning: a threat to our children - Spiked - December 8th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market to See Admirable Grrowth by 2024 According to a New Research Report - Kentucky Reports - December 3rd, 2019
- Expanded U.S. NATETSO Partnership Between Acerus Pharmaceuticals and Aytu BioScience Is Now Fully Operational - Financial Post - December 3rd, 2019
- The Wolf of Wall Street Immersive Experience, review: an overlong scenario with the barely contained testosterone of a stag party - inews - December 3rd, 2019
- Daughters of women with PCOS face five times greater risk - The Guardian - December 3rd, 2019
- Where Have All the Alphas Gone? | Columns - PJ Media - December 3rd, 2019
- The Pill Can Make You Less Attracted to Jerks, and Other Surprising Facts About Birth Control - Yahoo Lifestyle - December 3rd, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market To Witness Robust Expansion Throughout The Forecast Period 2019 2025 - Statsflash - December 3rd, 2019
- What supplements in the Exchange are worth your money? Part 3 - We Are The Mighty - December 3rd, 2019
- Should You Worry About Swollen Testicles? - University of Utah Health Care - November 22nd, 2019
- Symptoms of Low Testosterone in Men - FortuneHerald - November 22nd, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market To Witness Huge Growth in 2024 - Downey Magazine - November 22nd, 2019
- At-home testing kits could help Maryland residents engage in their health - WBAL TV Baltimore - November 22nd, 2019
- 8 Awful Things That Happen to You After You Turn 30 (And What You Can Do to Stop Them) - Mandatory - November 22nd, 2019
- Lipocine Announces Closing Of Public Offering Of Common Stock And Warrants - The Herald Journal - November 22nd, 2019
- Why men who compete as female will always have an unfair advantage over real women - Lifesite - November 22nd, 2019
- Lipocine Announces Pricing Of Public Offering Of Common Stock And Warrants - The Herald Journal - November 22nd, 2019
- Crush Your Fitness Goals with This Fat Burner and Testosterone Booster - Men's Journal - November 15th, 2019
- Acerus Reports Third Quarter and Year-to-Date Fiscal 2019 Financial Results - Business Wire - November 15th, 2019
- Hormone therapy offered by Student Health Service - UWEC Spectator - November 15th, 2019
- Same-sex relationship to unnatural testosterone, why Dutee Chand is the only Indian to feature on 'TIME 100 Next' - Free Press Journal - November 15th, 2019
- Testosterone therapy prescription linked to increased VTE risk in JAMA study - Specialty Medical Dialogues - November 15th, 2019
- New book refutes 'boys will be boys' - Futurity: Research News - November 15th, 2019
- A Myth Of Masculinity: The Truth About Testosterone - KGOU - November 12th, 2019
- What is Testosterone and Why is it Important? - News Anyway - November 12th, 2019
- Value and Size Of Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market From 2019 To 2024: Detailed Research Report - The Denton Chronicle - November 12th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Industry: Time to Invest in emerging Markets | Endo International, Pfizer, Novartis - News Description - November 12th, 2019
- Global Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market Size And Share 2019: With Top Manufacturers, Applications, Key Regions, Growth Opportunities Forecast... - November 12th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy: Controversy and Trends - Medscape - November 11th, 2019
- Lawsuit claims contract breached over transgender testosterone therapy - The San Diego Union-Tribune - November 11th, 2019
- Traces of testosterone: US womens tennis star provisionally suspended for doping violation - RT - November 11th, 2019
- LANE ONE: IAAF taking the lead in transgender regulation, working with other IFs on testosterone levels - The Sports Examiner - November 11th, 2019
- Nike will look into runner Mary Cain's allegations of abuse - Minneapolis Star Tribune - November 11th, 2019
- Everything you need to know about steroids - RTE.ie - November 11th, 2019
- Hearing into Team Sky doctor's lies in danger of being sent down blind alleys while the dirty secrets of Dave Brailsford's project stay uncovered -... - November 11th, 2019
- Brazil Nuts and Testosterone: Is There a Link? - Healthline - October 30th, 2019
- Side Effects of Hormone Therapy - Prostate Cancer Foundation - October 30th, 2019
- Is testosterone really the answer to my post-menopausal sexual problems? - The Guardian - October 30th, 2019
- Women are more likely to be diagnosed with depression. MSU study may help explain why. - Michigan Radio - October 30th, 2019
- Former Team Sky doctor Richard Freeman to admit to a lot of lies - Irish Times - October 30th, 2019
- Cory Booker Condemns 'Lock Him Up' Chant Against The President - The Daily Wire - October 30th, 2019
- Why has the field of male contraception not seen any progress? - Business Insider India - October 30th, 2019
- The link between anabolic steroids and gynecomastia in men - MENAFN.COM - October 30th, 2019
- Optimizing Diagnosis and Management of PCOS in Pediatric Patients - Endocrinology Advisor - October 22nd, 2019
- How To Deal When You Don't Want To *Do It* As Much As Your SO - Women's Health - October 22nd, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market Growing Demand, Analysis by Key Players-Bayer, Novartis - The Market Journal - October 22nd, 2019
- Krygen XL has now become the best priced and best reviewed male enhancement supplement in the UK - I'm Herald - October 22nd, 2019
- Testosterone Booster Market Distinguished Technology Development with Major Production Goals Analysis by 2026 - Connecting Investor - October 22nd, 2019
- Katrina Karkazis on the Science of Masculinity - GQ - October 20th, 2019
- Sarah Connor Tested Testosterone To Make Her Role In TERMINATOR - Somag News - October 20th, 2019
- Can't Grow a Full Beard? There's an Explanation for That - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - October 20th, 2019
- Positive Association between Preoperative Total Testosterone and Lymph Node Invasion in Intermediate Risk Prostate Cancer. - UroToday - October 20th, 2019
- SIU 2019: Timing of ADT in the Era of STAMPEDE and LATITUDE - UroToday - October 20th, 2019
- A clinic treated a fatigued 41-year-old with testosterone. A month later he had a stroke. - CBS News - October 17th, 2019
- Harvard says masculinity and testosterone are not 'connected' - The College Fix - October 17th, 2019
- Associations Between Sex Hormones and Asthma in Adults - Pulmonology Advisor - October 17th, 2019
- Science! Harvard Disputes the Idea That Testosterone and Masculinity are Connected - legal Insurrection - October 17th, 2019
- Global Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market Industry: A Latest Research Report to Share Market Insights and Dynamics - Healthcare News - October 17th, 2019
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market: An Insight on the Important Factors and Trends Influencing the Market - Online News Guru - October 17th, 2019
- Nike closing Oregon Project in wake of Salazar doping ban - CTV News - October 17th, 2019
- Cardiometabolic Effects of Gender-Affirming Hormone Therapy in Transgender Youth - The Cardiology Advisor - October 14th, 2019
- Nike to Shut Down Salazars Oregon Project - The New York Times - October 12th, 2019
- Global consensus statement on using testosterone therapy for women - Contemporary Obgyn - October 12th, 2019
- Nike Oregon Project will 'wind down' after Alberto Salazar's doping violation ban - KGW.com - October 12th, 2019
- How to know if you have low testosterone. - KNWA - September 27th, 2019
- Britain's Sharp eliminated in opening 800 metres heat - Euronews - September 27th, 2019
- Transgender Puberty Blocking Drug Linked To Thousands Of Deaths, FDA Data Reveals - The Daily Wire - September 27th, 2019