Tia: It was horrible. My skin literally had split.
Tatyanna: People would ask me, did you get burned?
Zsa Zsa: It hurt so much that Id run it under hot, hot water, because for the moment I forgot the pain.
Millions of people in the U.S. suffer from a chronic form of eczema. Here are three of their stories.
Zsa Zsa: My Name is Zsa Zsa.
Tatyanna: My name is Tatyanna.
Tia: My name is Tia. I have eczema around my mouth, around my eyes, on my ears, and around my neck, on these three fingers and on the side of my hand.
Tatyanna: The rashes cover a good 60% of my body.
Zsa Zsa: Im burning right now in my legs from scratching last night.
Tia: Its gonna itch, you gonna scratch, its gonna itch again, you gonna scratch. Its like the itching just does not stop.
Zsa Zsa: Getting eczema anywhere is bad, but I think that one of the worst places is when it attacks my face. You know, thats what people see about you. There have been times when it's blotchy everywhere. I look like a monster!
Tia: I think they always lookin.
Tatyanna: Growing up, I felt kind of like an alien.
Tia: Whats that on your arm? Did you catch something?
Tatyanna: I didnt want to date. I didnt want any boyfriends.
Tia: If a camera comes out, I dont wanna be in the picture.
Zsa Zsa: I would just stay in my cubicle and not go out and see people.
Tatyanna: I never actually wanted to work. I thought if they saw my eczema, it would affect my position for the job.
Zsa Zsa: Ive tried so many things to treat my eczema. Goat soap, shea soap, coconut soap.
Tia: The putting the creams and the lotions and all these different ointments that your doctor gives to you, the minute that you stop its coming back again.
Zsa Zsa: I mean, who would think that a skin problem would be debilitating? You know, but it's, its more than just a little scratching. Its really intrusive. Its almost like a foreign invader that comes into my body and just takes over. Its like something that just rises up through my skin. I dont know where it comes from.
The most common type of eczema is actually a chronic disease called atopic dermatitis. The rashes on the surface are caused by an overactive immune system and an abnormal skin barrier.
Tia: Oh, no. I never, I never knew that. No one that has eczema thinks of under the skin, at least I didnt.
Tatyanna: I always thought it was an external problem. It makes more sense now that, um, it is an internal problem.
Zsa Zsa: This is kind of a new finding for me, makes me feel like Im not alone. Theres going to be more work on my part because Im not just a victim.
Talk to your doctor about atopic dermatitis.
See the original post here:
Understanding Eczema | Eczema Exposed
- Evidence Growing That Eczema Itch More Than Skin Deep - Medscape - November 3rd, 2019
- Itchy Skin Conditions And Mental Health Are Linked, And We Need to Talk About It - ScienceAlert - November 3rd, 2019
- Ive Tried Hundreds Of Sensitive Skin Products Heres What I Recommend - Refinery29 - November 3rd, 2019
- This Creepy Life-Sized Doll Is a Warning About What Office Life Is Doing to Us - ScienceAlert - November 3rd, 2019
- Effectiveness of clinical decision support tools on pediatrician adherence to peanut allergy prevention guidelines - 2 Minute Medicine - November 3rd, 2019
- Eczema On The Face: How To Care For Your Skin Naturally - mindbodygreen.com - October 30th, 2019
- Best Eczema Makeup According to Dermatologists and Other Beauty Pros - STYLECASTER - October 30th, 2019
- How to keep your skin healthy this winter - Post Register - October 30th, 2019
- Norovirus to shigella and eczema the ultimate guide to protect your kids from winter bugs - The Sun - October 30th, 2019
- International Day of the Girl Child, Introducing 'Eiko Kitagawa' empowering woman from Japan - Thrive Global - October 30th, 2019
- A Terrifying Glimpse At What Office Workers Could Look Like In 20 Years - IFLScience - October 30th, 2019
- Eczema Awareness Month 2019 - Everyday Health - October 20th, 2019
- Chronic Itch: New Therapy, Complexities - MedPage Today - October 20th, 2019
- How mould and damp in your home affects your body and health - and what to do about it - MyLondon - October 20th, 2019
- Eczema Skin-Care Products Market Growth, Competition landscape, Sales, Revenue, Distributors and Forecast till 2025 - Online News Guru - October 20th, 2019
- 'I Tried Wet Wrap Therapy for Eczema, and It Helped Reset My Skin' - Everyday Health - October 17th, 2019
- Meet the Northern Ireland people battling eczema who are finally comfortable in their own skin - Belfast Telegraph - October 17th, 2019
- Our top scientists and the discovery that could revolutionise cancer, eczema treatment - The Age - October 17th, 2019
- Eczema Body Lotions That Will Save Your Winter Skin - STYLECASTER - October 17th, 2019
- Bausch Health Announces Updated Health Canada Safety Information for ELIDEL - Canada NewsWire - October 17th, 2019
- Study: Babies who are heavier at birth may have a higher risk of childhood allergies - Malay Mail - October 17th, 2019
- What Are the Benefits of Turmeric? - The New York Times - October 17th, 2019
- Give your Eczema-prone skin twice the nourishment it deserves with the help of Aveenos Dermexa - Business Mirror - October 17th, 2019
- Should You Try an Elimination Diet to Determine the Root Cause of Eczema? - Everyday Health - October 11th, 2019
- Long-Term Dupilumab Safe, Effective in Adolescents with Atopic Dermatitis - Pharmacy Times - October 11th, 2019
- Eating Fish in Early Childhood Even Just Once a Week Reduces Risk of Disease - SciTechDaily - October 11th, 2019
- Breath of fresh heir: how Succession became the must-watch TV of the year - The Guardian - October 11th, 2019
- Feed your kids fish if you want to reduce their risk of eczema & asthma - TimesLIVE - October 10th, 2019
- Dermatologist shares top tips for treating eczema - and busts myths about painful skin condition - Heart - October 10th, 2019
- Arcutis Announces Enrollment of Last Patient in Phase 2a Clinical Trial of ARQ-151 Cream as a Potential Topical Treatment for Atopic Dermatitis -... - October 10th, 2019
- LEO Pharma to Highlight Data at 28th Congress of the European Academy of Dermatology (EADV) - Yahoo Finance - October 10th, 2019
- Inside the First-Ever Skin Folks Event: A Series Aiming To Build a More Inclusive Skincare Community - Vogue - October 10th, 2019
- CBS4s Frances Wang Reveals Personal & Painful Skin Condition To Help Others - CBS Miami - October 4th, 2019
- Understanding a Social Movement and Its Goals of Social Change - Thrive Global - October 4th, 2019
- How to Tweak Your Skin-Care Routine for Fall, Depending on Your Skin Type - Everyday Health - October 4th, 2019
- Eczema in kids: What parents can do to calm the itch - WTOP - October 2nd, 2019
- Pfizer's JAK inhibitor hits the mark in another phase 3 eczema trial - FierceBiotech - October 2nd, 2019
- How treating food allergies and AD has changed - Contemporary Pediatrics - October 2nd, 2019
- Over 500 prisoners infected with eczema in Jhapa jail - Himalayan Times - October 2nd, 2019
- Dr. Pimple Popper uses this affordable CeraVe healing ointment - TODAY - October 2nd, 2019
- Doctor: Medication adherence is key to preventing allergy symptoms - KSHB - October 2nd, 2019
- How to treat eczema - INSIDER - March 27th, 2019
- Atopic eczema symptoms and treatments - NHS inform - March 27th, 2019
- About Eczema - Eczema Society Of Canada - March 27th, 2019
- Discoid eczema | DermNet NZ - March 27th, 2019
- Eczema - information on daily management & care - Irish Skin ... - March 27th, 2019
- 7 Natural Remedies for Eczema | Wellness Mama - March 26th, 2019
- Eczema on Face: How to Treat Eczema Inflammation? - March 26th, 2019
- Treating Asthma and Eczema With Plant-Based Diets - Care2 - March 4th, 2019
- Healing Eczema and Psoriasis Naturally | Care2 Healthy Living - March 4th, 2019
- petition: Mirena Awareness Part II - March 4th, 2019
- 20 Great Uses For Tea Tree Oil | Care2 Healthy Living - March 4th, 2019
- How to Naturally Heal Eyelid Eczema | It's an Itchy Little World - January 5th, 2019
- Dyshidrosis - Wikipedia - January 5th, 2019
- The Fastest Way To Treat Eczema Symptoms, According To ... - January 1st, 2019
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - Diagnosis and treatment - Mayo ... - December 25th, 2018
- Eczema Types, Treatment, Home Remedies & Symptoms - December 25th, 2018
- Types of Eczema | National Eczema Association - December 25th, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - Diagnosis and treatment ... - December 22nd, 2018
- Eczema Treatment, Home Remedies, and Causes - December 13th, 2018
- Dyshidrotic eczema | American Academy of Dermatology - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema | Definition of Eczema by Merriam-Webster - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema Guide: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Options - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema Treatment: 13 Home Remedies for Eczema - Dr. Axe - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema - KidsHealth - December 10th, 2018
- List of Eczema Medications (154 Compared) - Drugs.com - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) | AAFA.org - December 9th, 2018
- Eczema in Adults and Children | Cleveland Clinic & Cleveland ... - December 9th, 2018
- What is Eczema: Definition, Causes and Prevention - December 9th, 2018
- What is eczema? | American Academy of Dermatology - December 5th, 2018
- What is Eczema? | NEOSPORIN - December 5th, 2018
- How To Treat And Get Rid Of Eczema - Emuaid For Eczema ... - December 5th, 2018
- Eczema | Causes and Treatment | Patient - December 5th, 2018
- Top Eczema Support Supplements - November 30th, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - Symptoms and causes - November 29th, 2018
- eczema.net - November 26th, 2018
- Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) Causes, Symptoms, Treatment - November 26th, 2018
- 11 Facts About Eczema | Mental Floss - November 26th, 2018
- How To Treat And Get Rid Of Eczema - Emuaid For Eczema | Emuaid - November 26th, 2018
- Eczema Solution | Emuaid - November 14th, 2018