A woman has been critically injured after an incident occurred under mysterious circumstances at a Beijing water park.
A woman surnamed Liu sufferedsevere head trauma at theHappy Water Rubik’s Cube ( hun yo shu mfng)on May 28while riding the “Tornado,” a park attractionin which visitors ride a raftdown afour-story water slide through a pipe and into a spiraling funnel.
Liu was given medical attention at the Fengtai District water park, andwas then sent to the emergency room atAerospace Center Hospital where doctors determined Liu had suffered acardiac arrest and ahydrocephalus condition.
Liu has notregained consciousness since the incident first happened. Her condition has worsened to the point where she can only breathe with the aid of a ventilator. Liu’s mother has said, “The doctor told us that she may pass any time now.”
Despite her grave situation, no one has been forthcoming about the circumstances behind theHappyWater Rubik’s Cube incident.
A man named Jiang was sitting next to the victim on the raft on the Tornado slide along with an unnamed third party when the incident occurred. However, Jiang’s recollection of the incident to the Beijing Morning Report only begins once the ride was over, at which time he noticed Liu was unconsious.
“We quicked fished her out of the water. We yelled at her,but there was no response,” Jiang was quoted as saying.
Additionally, the doctor who is treating Liu at Aerospace Center Hospital is unable to confirm to Chinese news what is the reason for his patient’s injury.
“We are temporarily unable to determine the cause ofbrain damage, and further observation is needed,” said the unnamed doctor in regards to his critically injured patient.
Instead of explaining what happened, Jiang has been telling the press how he had not been adequately informed of safety proceduresduring his time at the water park. “Upon exchanging our admission tickets and entering thepark, we didn’t see any safety warnings,” said Jiang.
As well, Jiang alleges he wasn’t “allowed” to contact 120 emergency services by park staff members until 20 minutes after the incident.
By contrast, acustomer management representative for the park named Liu Chang has refuted Jiang’s allegations.
“We were very surprised at the incident because this problem has not occurred with any of our other park visitors,” said Liu Chang.”The park vigorously provided medical aid at the time ofthe incident, and has provided for the medical expenses.”
Liu Chang also refuted Jiang’s accusation that park visitors aren’t properly briefed on safety with this retort (abridged):
Safety warnings are issued on all our admission tickets, whether electronic or paper. As well, there are large-sized warned placed at the entrance to the park. As well, beginning from when visitors enter the park, there are repeated broadcast safety warnings. There are Chinese and English instructions printed in front of each attraction, clearly specifying any age, health or height restrictions.
Instead of the incident itself, Chinese media have focused upon the enormous cost of Liu’s medical treatment, which has since risen to RMB 200,000(USD 29,369).
Informed by the hospital of insufficientfunds, the victim’s mother said she was forced to reach out to the water park to ask for compensation, for which they did not comply.
“I had always been in contact with her, and she had always inquired on the situation with my child,” said the victim’s mother.”She has comforted me not to worry, but still, she has not given us enough funds to cover the medical costs.”
According to the Beijing Morning Report, theHappy Water Rubik’s Cube paid an additional RMB 30,000to meet the request made by the victim’s mother.
The incident finally made it tothe newslast Tuesday (Jun 13)in which the victim’sfamily lawyer has threatened the park with litigation if negotiations fall through.
First opened in 2011,Happy Water Rubik’s Cubeis Beijing’s largest open-air water park.
More stories from this authorhere.
Images: Ly, Dianping, LaSwim, Ccoo
See the original post here:
Beijing Water Park Incident Leaves Woman With Critical Brain Injury – The Beijinger (blog)
- Attorney general supports Montgomery County Veterans' Treatment Court - Montgomery Newspapers - June 27th, 2017
- Prevacus Inc., Announces the Addition of Randy Travis to its Advisory Board - GlobeNewswire (press release) - June 27th, 2017
- Five ways virtual reality is improving healthcare - The Independent - June 27th, 2017
- Prevacus Inc., Announces the Addition of Randy Travis to its Advisory Board - EconoTimes - June 26th, 2017
- Untreated Traumatic Brain Injury Keeps Youth in Juvenile Justice System - Juvenile Justice Information Exchange - June 26th, 2017
- Concussion Guidelines Adopted at International Level - UB School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences News - June 26th, 2017
- New Tools for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Primary Care Clinicians Leads to Robust and Quick Uptake of ... - PR Newswire (press release) - June 26th, 2017
- These students just received a scholarship from Beyonc - PBS NewsHour - June 25th, 2017
- Philips to buy Electrical Geodesics for brain monitoring tech - FierceBiotech - June 25th, 2017
- New brain network model could explain differences in brain injuries - ETHealthworld.com - June 24th, 2017
- $10.7M Los Angeles Traumatic Brain Injury Jury Verdict - The National Law Review - June 24th, 2017
- Parents oppose court's no CPR order for brain injured son - Irish Times - June 23rd, 2017
- The Concussion Health Summit, In Partnership with Nationwide Children's Hospital, Announces Dr. Kevin Guskiewicz ... - HuffPost - June 23rd, 2017
- Two-drug combo may improve traumatic brain injury therapy - The San Diego Union-Tribune - June 22nd, 2017
- Researcher uses sophisticated techniques to understand traumatic brain injuries among older adults - Medical Xpress - June 22nd, 2017
- New brain network model could explain differences in brain injuries - Medical Xpress - June 22nd, 2017
- UCLA neuroscientist offers game plan to better understand sports concussions - UCLA Newsroom - June 22nd, 2017
- The possible long-term complications of traumatic brain injury - USC News - June 21st, 2017
- Sleep disturbances after traumatic brain injury - Clinical Advisor - June 21st, 2017
- Offer extended to transfer UFC Hall of Famer Matt Hughes to brain trauma center in Atlanta - MMAjunkie.com - June 21st, 2017
- What happened to Otto Warmbier? When the unthinkable is unknowable. - Washington Post - June 21st, 2017
- An unfair stigma for vets with PTSD - Newsday - June 19th, 2017
- Student Otto Warmbier, 22, Dies Days After North Koreans Released Him with Brain Damage: 'He Was at Peace,' Says ... - PEOPLE.com - June 19th, 2017
- What Happened to Otto Warmbier? - The Atlantic - June 19th, 2017
- A narrative literature review of depression following traumatic brain injury: prevalence, impact, and management ... - Dove Medical Press - June 17th, 2017
- The Many Personalities of Brain Injury: Why I Sometimes Want to Throw in the Towel - The Good Men Project (blog) - June 17th, 2017
- US student released from N. Korea with 'extensive brain damage' - FRANCE 24 - June 16th, 2017
- Otto Warmbier has extensive brain damage, doctor says - Fox News - June 16th, 2017
- American Airlines Passenger Claims Unsecured Beverage Cart Caused Brain Injury - Consumerist - June 16th, 2017
- Intelligence Reports Suggest North Korea Brutally Beat US College Student Now In A Coma - The Daily Caller - June 15th, 2017
- Traumatic Brain Injury Can Be Healed, according to the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons - GlobeNewswire (press release) - June 15th, 2017
- TBI: Initial Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury - June 14th, 2017
- Presentation to support veterans' health, treatments - Amherst Bee - June 14th, 2017
- Brain damage can be lingering scourge of opioid overdoses - WCVB Boston - June 14th, 2017
- Can Emergency Rooms Fail to Diagnose Traumatic Brain Injuries? - LongIsland.com - June 14th, 2017
- Plymouth Royal Marine in bomb blast calls for more awareness of 'hidden injury' - Plymouth Herald - June 13th, 2017
- Key Bank and AMHC team up for Neighbors Make a Difference Day - Bangor Daily News - June 13th, 2017
- Brain injury treatment Etanercept in line for trials, legalisation after push by Queensland families - ABC Online - June 13th, 2017
- Celebrity golf tourney packed with Raiders - Record Bee - June 13th, 2017
- Love and other drugs: Family's extraordinary journey to help Sam Goddard recover from strokes - ABC Online - June 12th, 2017
- NJ to help stroke, brain injury victims with common language disorder - New Jersey 101.5 FM Radio - June 12th, 2017
- UVA Announces New Strategic Investments in Brain Research ... - UVA Today (press release) (registration) - June 10th, 2017
- Brain Injury Programs for Rehabilitation and Treatment - June 8th, 2017
- QC wellness center offers PHL's first walk-in hyberbaric oxygen treatment chambers - Business Mirror - June 8th, 2017
- Avanir Pharmaceuticals Initiates Phase II Study to Evaluate AVP-786 for Treatment of Neurobehavioral Disinhibition ... - PR Newswire (press release) - June 7th, 2017
- Disrupted Brain Pathway, Altered Stress Hormones Key to TBI Impact Differences in Men, Women - HuffPost - June 7th, 2017
- Crotched Mountain Foundation to shutter brain injury hospital - Concord Monitor - June 7th, 2017
- What is traumatic brain injury? - Medical Xpress - June 7th, 2017
- Explainer: what is traumatic brain injury? - The Conversation - The Conversation AU - June 6th, 2017
- UVA Joins National Initiative in Traumatic Brain Injury Research ... - NBC 29 News - June 6th, 2017
- Can Lithium Help in Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)? - The National Law Review - June 6th, 2017
- Crotched Mountain Foundation to shutter brain injury hospital - Monadnock Ledger Transcript - June 6th, 2017
- GIFFORD-JONES: What surprised me about treatment for concussion - Niagarathisweek.com - June 5th, 2017
- Man suffers 'serious' head injury outside Sainsbury's - three people arrested - Lincolnshire Echo - June 4th, 2017
- Longbridge woman's recovery an inspiration to others - Avoyelles Today - June 3rd, 2017
- The Many Personalities of Brain InjuryWhy I Sometimes Want to Throw in the Towel - HuffPost - June 3rd, 2017
- Ex-NHLers swear by controversial biofeedback treatment offered in Calgary - The Globe and Mail - June 3rd, 2017
- Neuroplasticity: Key To Treating Neurological Conditions - Delray Newspaper (press release) (blog) - June 3rd, 2017
- How Marijuana Can Help Those With Traumatic Brain Injury - The Fresh Toast - June 2nd, 2017
- Imaging library launched for traumatic brain injury - Health Imaging - May 31st, 2017
- Davenport man recovering from traumatic brain injury - Quad-Cities Online - May 29th, 2017
- Veterans with Brain Injuries to Be Helped by New Tech and Tools Selected at Department of Veterans Affairs ... - Business Wire (press release) - May 26th, 2017
- Ranveer Singh sustains head injury on Padmavati sets; resumes shoot after treatment - Firstpost - May 26th, 2017
- What Phineas Gage's Injury Taught Us About Frontal Lobes - Lexology (registration) - May 25th, 2017
- Veteran trauma treatment bill passes House, onto Senate - Santa Clarita Valley Signal - May 24th, 2017
- USMC, Indiana, Texas and Oklahoma Making Hyperbaric Oxygen ... - PR Web (press release) - May 23rd, 2017
- Could a simple injection reduce stroke brain damage? - The West Australian - May 22nd, 2017
- Other views: Our View: We're still leaving the wounded on the battlefield - Shelby Star - May 22nd, 2017
- Faces of traumatic brain injuries: the stories behind the statistics - wtkr.com - May 21st, 2017
- Study highlights struggle of soldiers who suffer brain injuries - kgw.com - May 21st, 2017
- Cooling cure averts brain damage - Independent Online - May 21st, 2017
- Study highlights struggle of soldiers who suffer brain injuries - KING5.com - May 19th, 2017
- Pyruvate Reduces Brain Injury After Cardiac Arrest - PR Newswire (press release) - May 19th, 2017
- Pro Football Player Was Limited to Workers' Comp for Brain Injury Claims, Louisiana District Court Decides - Law.com (subscription) - May 19th, 2017
- Cannabis could treat traumatic brain injury, Israeli researchers say - The Times of Israel - May 18th, 2017
- New Electrical Brain Stimulation Could Awaken Comatose People - Futurism - May 18th, 2017
- Brown recluse to antibodies: Missouri S&T, PCRMC partner - The Rolla Daily News - May 18th, 2017
- Oxygen therapy trials focused on PTSD, TBI - Jacksonville Daily News - May 17th, 2017
- San Diego Doctors Using Special Treatment to Combat CTE - NBC 7 San Diego - May 16th, 2017
- Non-Amyloid Treatments: Inflammation, Epigenetics, Regeneration - Alzforum - May 14th, 2017