Joanne knew it was time for a change but didnt know where to begin. After suffering with eczema on her elbows, knees, and face for over a dozen years, she just couldnt handle the almost constant itching any longer. Worse, she was tired of the embarrassment she felt. She said she had tried everything. Her story is similar to that of many eczema or psoriasis sufferers, since over fifteen percent of the population is affected by these skin conditions and drugs offer little, if any, help in most cases.
Eczema usually causes inflamed red, itchy, and dry patches of skin that sometimes blisters and weeps. Psoriasis is similar in that it also frequently occurs on the scalp, knees, and elbows, but it can occur anywhere on the body and also often shows up on the buttocks and wrists. It doesnt usually itch, but may bleed if the red, swollen skin or silvery or whitish scales are scratched. It is caused by skin cells that replicate too quickly, usually around ten times the growth rate of normal skin cells.Most scientists and doctors are mystified by what causes the these conditions or the skin cells to replicate. Natural medicine theories include: poor diet; deficiencies in essential fatty acids and fiber; digestive difficulties, especially with protein; Candida albicans overgrowth; deficiency vitamins and essential fatty acids; or poor liver function or toxic buildup. Heres how to help:
Detox Your Liver and IntestinesDetoxify the bowels and liver to eliminate a possible overgrowth of Candida albicans or other microbes that may be infecting the body. To do that, be sure to drink plenty of water every day (usually 10 to 12 cups) and supplement with a high quality probiotic supplement that includes: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Lactobacillus plantarum and Bifidobacteria, and Bifidobacteria bifidum. Avoid sugars and minimize fruit consumption while dealing with Candida.
Juice it UpDrink more fresh vegetable juices. Because they are easy to digest, their nutrients are readily absorbed by the body and they encourage gentle detoxification.
Heal with Whole FoodsEat a whole foods diet consisting primarily of vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, and grains, making sure to eat protein foods like beans, raw nuts and seeds at every meal to stabilize blood sugar levels. Avoid processed and packaged foods containing colors, flavors, and preservatives.
Go Gluten-Free Avoid grains containing gluten, which include whole wheat, white flour, oatmeal, spelt or kamut, since gluten sensitivity is common in sufferers of eczema or psoriasis. Instead choose gluten-free grains like quinoa, brown rice, buckwheat, and amaranth.
Avoid AllergensDairy products, sugar, chocolate, and citrus fruits are also common culprits that should be avoided. Because alcohol often causes flare-ups, it is important to eliminate it as well
Add Skin-Soothing AloeIn addition to being a natural and gentle colon stimulant, aloe vera juice taken internally can be helpful for healing skin disorders like eczema and psoriasis. It also helps to heal the intestines, lessening chances of reinfection from Candida or other microbes. Drink about a quarter cup of aloe vera juice, twice daily. Avoid if you are pregnant or lactating.
Get an Oil ChangeSupplement your diet with increased amounts of essential fatty acids, particularly Omega 3s, which are found in wild salmon, flaxseeds and flaxseed oil, and raw walnuts. Fish oil from a pure source provides Omega 3 fatty acids along with other essential fats not found in most vegetarian sources.
Improve Your DigestionLessen the amount of animal protein you are eating and supplement with a full-spectrum digestive enzyme formula with every meal to aid digestion and to increase the absorption of nutrients from your meals.
Add Liver-Loving FoodsSupport your liver function by eating more leafy greens, olives and olive oil, beans and legumes, garlic and onions, tomatoes, raw nuts, flax seeds and flax seed oil. Season your food with the best liver-friendly spices like cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and turmeric. Supplement periodically with the herb, milk thistle, containing 80 to 85 percent silymarin.
Help Your CellsWhile most ointments or cream only mask the problem, many of my clients suffering from eczema and psoriasis have reported relief using Cellfood Gel, which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the skin to promote healing.
Like Joanne found, a holistic approach to eczema or psoriasis can spell the difference between suffering and healthy skin.
Michelle Schoffro Cook, DNM, DAc, CNC is a best-selling and six-time book author and doctor of natural medicine, whose works include: The Life Force Diet, The Ultimate pH Solution, and The 4-Week Ultimate Body Detox Plan. Learn more at: http://www.TheLifeForceDiet.com.
See the original post here:
Healing Eczema and Psoriasis Naturally | Care2 Healthy Living
- Evidence Growing That Eczema Itch More Than Skin Deep - Medscape - November 3rd, 2019
- Itchy Skin Conditions And Mental Health Are Linked, And We Need to Talk About It - ScienceAlert - November 3rd, 2019
- Ive Tried Hundreds Of Sensitive Skin Products Heres What I Recommend - Refinery29 - November 3rd, 2019
- This Creepy Life-Sized Doll Is a Warning About What Office Life Is Doing to Us - ScienceAlert - November 3rd, 2019
- Effectiveness of clinical decision support tools on pediatrician adherence to peanut allergy prevention guidelines - 2 Minute Medicine - November 3rd, 2019
- Eczema On The Face: How To Care For Your Skin Naturally - mindbodygreen.com - October 30th, 2019
- Best Eczema Makeup According to Dermatologists and Other Beauty Pros - STYLECASTER - October 30th, 2019
- How to keep your skin healthy this winter - Post Register - October 30th, 2019
- Norovirus to shigella and eczema the ultimate guide to protect your kids from winter bugs - The Sun - October 30th, 2019
- International Day of the Girl Child, Introducing 'Eiko Kitagawa' empowering woman from Japan - Thrive Global - October 30th, 2019
- A Terrifying Glimpse At What Office Workers Could Look Like In 20 Years - IFLScience - October 30th, 2019
- Eczema Awareness Month 2019 - Everyday Health - October 20th, 2019
- Chronic Itch: New Therapy, Complexities - MedPage Today - October 20th, 2019
- How mould and damp in your home affects your body and health - and what to do about it - MyLondon - October 20th, 2019
- Eczema Skin-Care Products Market Growth, Competition landscape, Sales, Revenue, Distributors and Forecast till 2025 - Online News Guru - October 20th, 2019
- 'I Tried Wet Wrap Therapy for Eczema, and It Helped Reset My Skin' - Everyday Health - October 17th, 2019
- Meet the Northern Ireland people battling eczema who are finally comfortable in their own skin - Belfast Telegraph - October 17th, 2019
- Our top scientists and the discovery that could revolutionise cancer, eczema treatment - The Age - October 17th, 2019
- Eczema Body Lotions That Will Save Your Winter Skin - STYLECASTER - October 17th, 2019
- Bausch Health Announces Updated Health Canada Safety Information for ELIDEL - Canada NewsWire - October 17th, 2019
- Study: Babies who are heavier at birth may have a higher risk of childhood allergies - Malay Mail - October 17th, 2019
- What Are the Benefits of Turmeric? - The New York Times - October 17th, 2019
- Give your Eczema-prone skin twice the nourishment it deserves with the help of Aveenos Dermexa - Business Mirror - October 17th, 2019
- Should You Try an Elimination Diet to Determine the Root Cause of Eczema? - Everyday Health - October 11th, 2019
- Long-Term Dupilumab Safe, Effective in Adolescents with Atopic Dermatitis - Pharmacy Times - October 11th, 2019
- Eating Fish in Early Childhood Even Just Once a Week Reduces Risk of Disease - SciTechDaily - October 11th, 2019
- Breath of fresh heir: how Succession became the must-watch TV of the year - The Guardian - October 11th, 2019
- Feed your kids fish if you want to reduce their risk of eczema & asthma - TimesLIVE - October 10th, 2019
- Dermatologist shares top tips for treating eczema - and busts myths about painful skin condition - Heart - October 10th, 2019
- Arcutis Announces Enrollment of Last Patient in Phase 2a Clinical Trial of ARQ-151 Cream as a Potential Topical Treatment for Atopic Dermatitis -... - October 10th, 2019
- LEO Pharma to Highlight Data at 28th Congress of the European Academy of Dermatology (EADV) - Yahoo Finance - October 10th, 2019
- Inside the First-Ever Skin Folks Event: A Series Aiming To Build a More Inclusive Skincare Community - Vogue - October 10th, 2019
- CBS4s Frances Wang Reveals Personal & Painful Skin Condition To Help Others - CBS Miami - October 4th, 2019
- Understanding a Social Movement and Its Goals of Social Change - Thrive Global - October 4th, 2019
- How to Tweak Your Skin-Care Routine for Fall, Depending on Your Skin Type - Everyday Health - October 4th, 2019
- Eczema in kids: What parents can do to calm the itch - WTOP - October 2nd, 2019
- Pfizer's JAK inhibitor hits the mark in another phase 3 eczema trial - FierceBiotech - October 2nd, 2019
- How treating food allergies and AD has changed - Contemporary Pediatrics - October 2nd, 2019
- Over 500 prisoners infected with eczema in Jhapa jail - Himalayan Times - October 2nd, 2019
- Dr. Pimple Popper uses this affordable CeraVe healing ointment - TODAY - October 2nd, 2019
- Doctor: Medication adherence is key to preventing allergy symptoms - KSHB - October 2nd, 2019
- How to treat eczema - INSIDER - March 27th, 2019
- Atopic eczema symptoms and treatments - NHS inform - March 27th, 2019
- About Eczema - Eczema Society Of Canada - March 27th, 2019
- Discoid eczema | DermNet NZ - March 27th, 2019
- Eczema - information on daily management & care - Irish Skin ... - March 27th, 2019
- 7 Natural Remedies for Eczema | Wellness Mama - March 26th, 2019
- Eczema on Face: How to Treat Eczema Inflammation? - March 26th, 2019
- Treating Asthma and Eczema With Plant-Based Diets - Care2 - March 4th, 2019
- petition: Mirena Awareness Part II - March 4th, 2019
- 20 Great Uses For Tea Tree Oil | Care2 Healthy Living - March 4th, 2019
- How to Naturally Heal Eyelid Eczema | It's an Itchy Little World - January 5th, 2019
- Dyshidrosis - Wikipedia - January 5th, 2019
- The Fastest Way To Treat Eczema Symptoms, According To ... - January 1st, 2019
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - Diagnosis and treatment - Mayo ... - December 25th, 2018
- Eczema Types, Treatment, Home Remedies & Symptoms - December 25th, 2018
- Types of Eczema | National Eczema Association - December 25th, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - Diagnosis and treatment ... - December 22nd, 2018
- Eczema Treatment, Home Remedies, and Causes - December 13th, 2018
- Dyshidrotic eczema | American Academy of Dermatology - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema | Definition of Eczema by Merriam-Webster - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema Guide: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Options - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema Treatment: 13 Home Remedies for Eczema - Dr. Axe - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema - KidsHealth - December 10th, 2018
- List of Eczema Medications (154 Compared) - Drugs.com - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) | AAFA.org - December 9th, 2018
- Eczema in Adults and Children | Cleveland Clinic & Cleveland ... - December 9th, 2018
- What is Eczema: Definition, Causes and Prevention - December 9th, 2018
- What is eczema? | American Academy of Dermatology - December 5th, 2018
- What is Eczema? | NEOSPORIN - December 5th, 2018
- How To Treat And Get Rid Of Eczema - Emuaid For Eczema ... - December 5th, 2018
- Understanding Eczema | Eczema Exposed - December 5th, 2018
- Eczema | Causes and Treatment | Patient - December 5th, 2018
- Top Eczema Support Supplements - November 30th, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - Symptoms and causes - November 29th, 2018
- eczema.net - November 26th, 2018
- Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) Causes, Symptoms, Treatment - November 26th, 2018
- 11 Facts About Eczema | Mental Floss - November 26th, 2018
- How To Treat And Get Rid Of Eczema - Emuaid For Eczema | Emuaid - November 26th, 2018
- Eczema Solution | Emuaid - November 14th, 2018