Joanne knew it was time for a change but didnt know where to begin. After suffering with eczema on her elbows, knees, and face for over a dozen years, she just couldnt handle the almost constant itching any longer. Worse, she was tired of the embarrassment she felt. She said she had tried everything. Her story is similar to that of many eczema or psoriasis sufferers, since over fifteen percent of the population is affected by these skin conditions and drugs offer little, if any, help in most cases.
Eczema usually causes inflamed red, itchy, and dry patches of skin that sometimes blisters and weeps. Psoriasis is similar in that it also frequently occurs on the scalp, knees, and elbows, but it can occur anywhere on the body and also often shows up on the buttocks and wrists. It doesnt usually itch, but may bleed if the red, swollen skin or silvery or whitish scales are scratched. It is caused by skin cells that replicate too quickly, usually around ten times the growth rate of normal skin cells.Most scientists and doctors are mystified by what causes the these conditions or the skin cells to replicate. Natural medicine theories include: poor diet; deficiencies in essential fatty acids and fiber; digestive difficulties, especially with protein; Candida albicans overgrowth; deficiency vitamins and essential fatty acids; or poor liver function or toxic buildup. Heres how to help:
Detox Your Liver and IntestinesDetoxify the bowels and liver to eliminate a possible overgrowth of Candida albicans or other microbes that may be infecting the body. To do that, be sure to drink plenty of water every day (usually 10 to 12 cups) and supplement with a high quality probiotic supplement that includes: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Lactobacillus plantarum and Bifidobacteria, and Bifidobacteria bifidum. Avoid sugars and minimize fruit consumption while dealing with Candida.
Juice it UpDrink more fresh vegetable juices. Because they are easy to digest, their nutrients are readily absorbed by the body and they encourage gentle detoxification.
Heal with Whole FoodsEat a whole foods diet consisting primarily of vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, and grains, making sure to eat protein foods like beans, raw nuts and seeds at every meal to stabilize blood sugar levels. Avoid processed and packaged foods containing colors, flavors, and preservatives.
Go Gluten-Free Avoid grains containing gluten, which include whole wheat, white flour, oatmeal, spelt or kamut, since gluten sensitivity is common in sufferers of eczema or psoriasis. Instead choose gluten-free grains like quinoa, brown rice, buckwheat, and amaranth.
Avoid AllergensDairy products, sugar, chocolate, and citrus fruits are also common culprits that should be avoided. Because alcohol often causes flare-ups, it is important to eliminate it as well
Add Skin-Soothing AloeIn addition to being a natural and gentle colon stimulant, aloe vera juice taken internally can be helpful for healing skin disorders like eczema and psoriasis. It also helps to heal the intestines, lessening chances of reinfection from Candida or other microbes. Drink about a quarter cup of aloe vera juice, twice daily. Avoid if you are pregnant or lactating.
Get an Oil ChangeSupplement your diet with increased amounts of essential fatty acids, particularly Omega 3s, which are found in wild salmon, flaxseeds and flaxseed oil, and raw walnuts. Fish oil from a pure source provides Omega 3 fatty acids along with other essential fats not found in most vegetarian sources.
Improve Your DigestionLessen the amount of animal protein you are eating and supplement with a full-spectrum digestive enzyme formula with every meal to aid digestion and to increase the absorption of nutrients from your meals.
Add Liver-Loving FoodsSupport your liver function by eating more leafy greens, olives and olive oil, beans and legumes, garlic and onions, tomatoes, raw nuts, flax seeds and flax seed oil. Season your food with the best liver-friendly spices like cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and turmeric. Supplement periodically with the herb, milk thistle, containing 80 to 85 percent silymarin.
Help Your CellsWhile most ointments or cream only mask the problem, many of my clients suffering from eczema and psoriasis have reported relief using Cellfood Gel, which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the skin to promote healing.
Like Joanne found, a holistic approach to eczema or psoriasis can spell the difference between suffering and healthy skin.
Michelle Schoffro Cook, DNM, DAc, CNC is a best-selling and six-time book author and doctor of natural medicine, whose works include: The Life Force Diet, The Ultimate pH Solution, and The 4-Week Ultimate Body Detox Plan. Learn more at: http://www.TheLifeForceDiet.com.
See the original post here:
Healing Eczema and Psoriasis Naturally | Care2 Healthy Living
- How to treat eczema - INSIDER - March 27th, 2019
- Atopic eczema symptoms and treatments - NHS inform - March 27th, 2019
- About Eczema - Eczema Society Of Canada - March 27th, 2019
- Discoid eczema | DermNet NZ - March 27th, 2019
- Eczema - information on daily management & care - Irish Skin ... - March 27th, 2019
- 7 Natural Remedies for Eczema | Wellness Mama - March 26th, 2019
- Eczema on Face: How to Treat Eczema Inflammation? - March 26th, 2019
- Treating Asthma and Eczema With Plant-Based Diets - Care2 - March 4th, 2019
- petition: Mirena Awareness Part II - March 4th, 2019
- 20 Great Uses For Tea Tree Oil | Care2 Healthy Living - March 4th, 2019
- How to Naturally Heal Eyelid Eczema | It's an Itchy Little World - January 5th, 2019
- Dyshidrosis - Wikipedia - January 5th, 2019
- The Fastest Way To Treat Eczema Symptoms, According To ... - January 1st, 2019
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - Diagnosis and treatment - Mayo ... - December 25th, 2018
- Eczema Types, Treatment, Home Remedies & Symptoms - December 25th, 2018
- Types of Eczema | National Eczema Association - December 25th, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - Diagnosis and treatment ... - December 22nd, 2018
- Eczema Treatment, Home Remedies, and Causes - December 13th, 2018
- Dyshidrotic eczema | American Academy of Dermatology - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema | Definition of Eczema by Merriam-Webster - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema Guide: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Options - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema Treatment: 13 Home Remedies for Eczema - Dr. Axe - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema - KidsHealth - December 10th, 2018
- List of Eczema Medications (154 Compared) - Drugs.com - December 10th, 2018
- Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) | AAFA.org - December 9th, 2018
- Eczema in Adults and Children | Cleveland Clinic & Cleveland ... - December 9th, 2018
- What is Eczema: Definition, Causes and Prevention - December 9th, 2018
- What is eczema? | American Academy of Dermatology - December 5th, 2018
- What is Eczema? | NEOSPORIN - December 5th, 2018
- How To Treat And Get Rid Of Eczema - Emuaid For Eczema ... - December 5th, 2018
- Understanding Eczema | Eczema Exposed - December 5th, 2018
- Eczema | Causes and Treatment | Patient - December 5th, 2018
- Top Eczema Support Supplements - November 30th, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - Symptoms and causes - November 29th, 2018
- eczema.net - November 26th, 2018
- Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) Causes, Symptoms, Treatment - November 26th, 2018
- 11 Facts About Eczema | Mental Floss - November 26th, 2018
- How To Treat And Get Rid Of Eczema - Emuaid For Eczema | Emuaid - November 26th, 2018
- Eczema Solution | Emuaid - November 14th, 2018
- Targeting Eczema Triggers | Everyday Health - November 14th, 2018
- Home Remedies for Eczema - Treatment & Cure - Natural ... - November 1st, 2018
- Eczema Causes What Causes Eczema? - November 1st, 2018
- Best Eczema Hand Cream Review: My Five Picks - November 1st, 2018
- Our Miracle Treatment for Eczema - The Hill Hangout - November 1st, 2018
- How to get rid of weeping eczema - Flawless Program - November 1st, 2018
- 11 Symptoms of Eczema | Daily Natural Remedies - October 12th, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis | DermNet New Zealand - October 12th, 2018
- Eczema Symptoms & Signs | NEOSPORIN - October 12th, 2018
- Eczema: Definition, Causes, Treatments, and Pictures - October 10th, 2018
- Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema): Symptoms, Diagnosis ... - WebMD - September 6th, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis - Wikipedia - September 1st, 2018
- Eczema | Christiane Northrup, M.D. - August 27th, 2018
- Eczemaderm | Eczema Treatment Cream | Excema - August 27th, 2018
- Eczema Treatments for Kids - verywellhealth.com - August 19th, 2018
- How I Treated My Eczema - Read My Story - August 7th, 2018
- The 3 Stages of Eczema and Their Causes - August 6th, 2018
- Children And Eczema - ACAAI Public Website - August 6th, 2018
- Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) | Symptoms & Treatment | ACAAI ... - August 6th, 2018
- List of Eczema Medications (156 Compared) - Drugs.com - August 2nd, 2018
- Vitamin D and eczema - August 2nd, 2018
- Eczema - kidshealth.org - July 30th, 2018
- Eczema herpeticum: Symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment - July 24th, 2018
- Eczema: The Autoimmune Disease Everyone Seems To Be ... - July 15th, 2018
- No more sleepless nights! How to stop itchy eczema - July 8th, 2018
- DIY Homemade Eczema Cream - Kula Mama - July 8th, 2018
- Make Your Own Eczema Cream - Dr. Axe - July 3rd, 2018
- 13 Good Foods for Eczema Sufferers - Top Eczema Treatments - June 16th, 2018
- Eczema on face: Best creams and what to avoid - June 16th, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis | American Academy of Dermatology - June 9th, 2018
- Thinking Moms Guide to Red Flags Eczema - June 9th, 2018
- Childhood Eczema How To Treat Eczema In Children - June 9th, 2018
- Dermatitis - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic - May 30th, 2018
- Eczema On Face Facial Eczema Treatment - May 21st, 2018
- 10 Home Remedies for Eczema - eczema.net - May 11th, 2018
- Eczema Overview, Symptoms and Treatment - Health.com - May 3rd, 2018
- Eczema Healing with Natural Remedies - April 22nd, 2018
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - Mayo Clinic - April 12th, 2018
- My Struggle With Eye Eczema & My Miracle Cream. | Lux Life ... - April 7th, 2018
- Eczema Treatment, Home Remedies, and Causes - eMedicineHealth - March 21st, 2018
- Eczema | EVA Homoeopathy - March 7th, 2018