Joanne knew it was time for a change but didnt know where to begin. After suffering with eczema on her elbows, knees, and face for over a dozen years, she just couldnt handle the almost constant itching any longer. Worse, she was tired of the embarrassment she felt. She said she had tried everything. Her story is similar to that of many eczema or psoriasis sufferers, since over fifteen percent of the population is affected by these skin conditions and drugs offer little, if any, help in most cases.
Eczema usually causes inflamed red, itchy, and dry patches of skin that sometimes blisters and weeps. Psoriasis is similar in that it also frequently occurs on the scalp, knees, and elbows, but it can occur anywhere on the body and also often shows up on the buttocks and wrists. It doesnt usually itch, but may bleed if the red, swollen skin or silvery or whitish scales are scratched. It is caused by skin cells that replicate too quickly, usually around ten times the growth rate of normal skin cells.Most scientists and doctors are mystified by what causes the these conditions or the skin cells to replicate. Natural medicine theories include: poor diet; deficiencies in essential fatty acids and fiber; digestive difficulties, especially with protein; Candida albicans overgrowth; deficiency vitamins and essential fatty acids; or poor liver function or toxic buildup. Heres how to help:
Detox Your Liver and IntestinesDetoxify the bowels and liver to eliminate a possible overgrowth of Candida albicans or other microbes that may be infecting the body. To do that, be sure to drink plenty of water every day (usually 10 to 12 cups) and supplement with a high quality probiotic supplement that includes: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Lactobacillus plantarum and Bifidobacteria, and Bifidobacteria bifidum. Avoid sugars and minimize fruit consumption while dealing with Candida.
Juice it UpDrink more fresh vegetable juices. Because they are easy to digest, their nutrients are readily absorbed by the body and they encourage gentle detoxification.
Heal with Whole FoodsEat a whole foods diet consisting primarily of vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, and grains, making sure to eat protein foods like beans, raw nuts and seeds at every meal to stabilize blood sugar levels. Avoid processed and packaged foods containing colors, flavors, and preservatives.
Go Gluten-Free Avoid grains containing gluten, which include whole wheat, white flour, oatmeal, spelt or kamut, since gluten sensitivity is common in sufferers of eczema or psoriasis. Instead choose gluten-free grains like quinoa, brown rice, buckwheat, and amaranth.
Avoid AllergensDairy products, sugar, chocolate, and citrus fruits are also common culprits that should be avoided. Because alcohol often causes flare-ups, it is important to eliminate it as well
Add Skin-Soothing AloeIn addition to being a natural and gentle colon stimulant, aloe vera juice taken internally can be helpful for healing skin disorders like eczema and psoriasis. It also helps to heal the intestines, lessening chances of reinfection from Candida or other microbes. Drink about a quarter cup of aloe vera juice, twice daily. Avoid if you are pregnant or lactating.
Get an Oil ChangeSupplement your diet with increased amounts of essential fatty acids, particularly Omega 3s, which are found in wild salmon, flaxseeds and flaxseed oil, and raw walnuts. Fish oil from a pure source provides Omega 3 fatty acids along with other essential fats not found in most vegetarian sources.
Improve Your DigestionLessen the amount of animal protein you are eating and supplement with a full-spectrum digestive enzyme formula with every meal to aid digestion and to increase the absorption of nutrients from your meals.
Add Liver-Loving FoodsSupport your liver function by eating more leafy greens, olives and olive oil, beans and legumes, garlic and onions, tomatoes, raw nuts, flax seeds and flax seed oil. Season your food with the best liver-friendly spices like cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and turmeric. Supplement periodically with the herb, milk thistle, containing 80 to 85 percent silymarin.
Help Your CellsWhile most ointments or cream only mask the problem, many of my clients suffering from eczema and psoriasis have reported relief using Cellfood Gel, which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the skin to promote healing.
Like Joanne found, a holistic approach to eczema or psoriasis can spell the difference between suffering and healthy skin.
Michelle Schoffro Cook, DNM, DAc, CNC is a best-selling and six-time book author and doctor of natural medicine, whose works include: The Life Force Diet, The Ultimate pH Solution, and The 4-Week Ultimate Body Detox Plan. Learn more at: http://www.TheLifeForceDiet.com.
See the original post here:
Healing Eczema and Psoriasis Naturally | Care2 Healthy Living
- Eczema symptoms: Whats the difference between eczema and psoriasis? - Express - July 3rd, 2020
- Vendor of the Week: Peaches N Cream soaps soothe the skin - Greenville Daily Reflector - July 3rd, 2020
- I make soap from my BREAST MILK and my whole family bathe with it its done wonders for our skin - The Sun - July 3rd, 2020
- Dermatology Diagnostic Devices and Therapeutics Market Analysis and Forecast 2017 2025 - Cole of Duty - July 3rd, 2020
- Eczema: Treatments, causes, symptoms and more - TODAY - TODAY - July 1st, 2020
- Genetics, profession: Heres the reason why eczema happens - Hindustan Times - July 1st, 2020
- Eczema treatment: Apply this essential oil to ease symptoms of the skin condition - Express - June 17th, 2020
- Eczema rash: The warning sign your skin condition has developed an infection - Express - June 17th, 2020
- Dermavant Announces Publication in JAAD of Secondary Efficacy and Patient-Reported Outcomes in Phase 2b Clinical Trial of Tapinarof Cream for the... - June 17th, 2020
- How To Protect Your Skin While Wearing A Face Mask - Grit Daily - June 17th, 2020
- Licorice Root: Benefits, Uses, Precautions, and Dosage - Healthline - June 17th, 2020
- New Cannabis Products: OTC Topicals, A Fast-Acting Line And A Creative Thinking Journal - Yahoo Finance - June 17th, 2020
- COVID 19 Prevention: The Good, The Bad and The Other. - Adventist News Network - June 17th, 2020
- Eczema cream: Dermatologists reveal the top three emollients to relieve itchy, sore skin - Express.co.uk - June 10th, 2020
- CBRE named exclusive leasing agent for growing salt therapy provider - NJBIZ - June 10th, 2020
- How To Keep Your Skin Healthy While Constantly Wearing A Face Mask - CBS Boston - June 10th, 2020
- Baby acne: symptoms, signs and treatment - Netdoctor - June 10th, 2020
- 3 ways to get rid of eczema and prevent flare ups - Insider - INSIDER - June 8th, 2020
- Binghamton biomedical researchers get closer to why eczema happens - Binghamton University - June 8th, 2020
- My Green Mattress announces 4th of July Sale - Cherokee Tribune Ledger News - June 8th, 2020
- Eczema rash: The one surprising irritant you may be wearing - Express - May 28th, 2020
- Baby Soothing Salves for Diaper Rashes, Eczema and Irritated Skin - SheKnows - May 28th, 2020
- Beware two products with potent medicinal ingredients, HSA warns - The Straits Times - May 28th, 2020
- Medical Medium Anthony William on Why You Need to 'Cleanse to Heal' - Extra - May 28th, 2020
- Eight houseplants which could help boost your health - Shields Gazette - May 28th, 2020
- HSA warns about 2 'health' products that contain steroids, dangerous dose of erectile dysfunction drug - straits times - May 28th, 2020
- Enhance your mask skincare routine with these expert tips - PGH City Paper - May 28th, 2020
- Eczema Skin-Care Products Market 2020 By Manufacturers, Regions, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 16th, 2020
- Slippery fugitive, editor fires shot and Bullnanza - Hillsboro Times Gazette - May 16th, 2020
- Mother-daughter duos create Ruby's Natural Hair Care to offer beauty remedies - Rolling Out - May 16th, 2020
- How to protect your skin while wearing a mask - Telegraph.co.uk - May 14th, 2020
- Lockdown beauty: Best self-care tips and tricks from the Turks | Daily Sabah - Daily Sabah - May 14th, 2020
- HOTH THERAPEUTICS : MANAGEMENT'S DISCUSSION AND ANALYSIS OF FINANCIAL CONDITION AND RESULTS OF OPERATIONS. (form 10-Q) - marketscreener.com - May 14th, 2020
- CQ Science Introduces CQuell: First-Ever Line of Cannabis-Derived Skincare Products for Sensitive Skin - Yahoo Finance - May 14th, 2020
- People are obsessed with Amazons No. 1 anti-aging body exfoliator: Youll wish you tried this sooner - Yahoo Sports - May 14th, 2020
- Eczema: Should you be worried about small, itchy blisters on your hands and feet? - Express - May 13th, 2020
- Cracked skin on hands and feet: Causes and treatments - Medical News Today - May 13th, 2020
- Eczema treatment - the 1.50 oil to protect against dry skin at home - Express - May 13th, 2020
- Helpful tips to protect your skin while wearing a mask - NorthcentralPa.com - May 13th, 2020
- The Best Tea Tree Oil Balm That You Can Buy on Amazon - STYLECASTER - May 13th, 2020
- Does your child have chronic ear, nose and throat symptoms? It could be allergies - Omaha World-Herald - May 13th, 2020
- Expert tips: A dermatologist on how to look after your skin at the moment - The Irish Times - May 13th, 2020
- 7 Types of Eczema: Symptoms, Causes, and Pictures - April 27th, 2020
- Brighton study could mean better treatment for babies with eczema and wheeziness - Brighton and Hove News - April 27th, 2020
- Mum claims 3.50 cream soothed her babys eczema which was so severe the tot couldnt get dressed or leave the - The Sun - April 27th, 2020
- Skin irritation becoming side effect of COVID-19 pandemic - WHNT News 19 - April 27th, 2020
- Amid Family Upheaval, a Heroine Finds Comfort in the Concrete - The New York Times - April 27th, 2020
- Itches, acne and insomnia: How stressing over coronavirus affects your body - Global News - April 27th, 2020
- Atopic Eczema Treatment Market 2020 Future Growth Prospects and Trends | Novartis AG, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Pfizer Inc and Others - Cole of Duty - April 27th, 2020
- Stocks making the biggest moves in the premarket: American Express, Verizon, Intel, Tesla & more - CNBC - April 27th, 2020
- One in five with Covid-19 in Italy had same symptom - MyLondon - April 27th, 2020
- Soothe irritation with this $28 dermatologist-approved cream: 'Saved my skin' - AOL - April 27th, 2020
- Eczema Diet: Best Foods, Worst Foods, Special Diets, and More - April 21st, 2020
- Hand Eczema Is On The Rise Due To All Of Our Extra Handwashing - hypehair.com - April 21st, 2020
- LEO Pharma mounts another challenge to the eczema giants, betting $40M cash on a drug from China - Endpoints News - April 21st, 2020
- Exfoliating Eczema-Prone Skin: This Mens Bar Soap Is the Only Exfoliator That Doesnt Irritate My Skin - Self - April 21st, 2020
- COVID-19 Update: How To Avoid Dry Skin, Eczema And Dermatitis After Washing Hands More Frequently - International Business Times - April 21st, 2020
- What to do if you have dry skin or eczema from washing your hands repeatedly - Watford Observer - April 21st, 2020
- Skin Rashes and COVID-19 Connection Found by Dermatologists - Allure - April 21st, 2020
- Health Care Practitioners Give Advice for Dry Hands and Other Skin Conditions - WHO TV Des Moines - April 21st, 2020
- Beauty Of 5 #420 Edition: CBD And Hemp Seed Oil Products That Will Bless Your Skin - MadameNoire - April 21st, 2020
- Why is my skin worse in isolation? The reasons behind breakouts, spots, dryness and dull complexions - The National - April 21st, 2020
- Skin conditions and frequent hand-washing because of coronavirus what you should know - Health24 - April 21st, 2020
- Here's what to do if you have dry skin or eczema from repeatedly washing your hands - Derry Journal - April 13th, 2020
- Scientists identify a protein that switches on allergic itching - New Atlas - April 13th, 2020
- What to do when your extra clean hands are also cracked and dry - CBC.ca - April 13th, 2020
- Preventing Coronavirus Exposure When You Have Psoriasis and Eczema - Everyday Health - April 12th, 2020
- Here's Why Regenerons Stock Is Worth More Than Its Coronavirus Work - Motley Fool - April 12th, 2020
- Doctor recommends using superglue to heal painful condition: 'Believe it or not' - Yahoo News - April 12th, 2020
- Coronavirus: How to properly care for dry hands caused by hand-washing and sanitiser, according to dermatologists - The Independent - April 12th, 2020
- Do You Have 'Iso Skin'? Why Your Face Is Freaking Out And How To Fix It - 10 daily - April 12th, 2020
- Try This Vegan Carrot Cupcake Recipe, by the Creator of Lael Cakes - The Beet - April 12th, 2020
- Common protein in skin that directly activates itch-associated neurons: Study - Yahoo India News - April 12th, 2020
- #SkinSchool: How to tell if you have hand eczema - harpersbazaar.com - March 29th, 2020
- Eczema, dermatitis and how to treat dry, flaky and itchy skin - ABC News - March 29th, 2020
- Best ways to treat eczema - Daily Monitor - March 29th, 2020
- My Top 3 Drug Stocks to Buy in the Market Crash - Motley Fool - March 29th, 2020
- Teen Whose Friends Joked That She's 'Allergic To Her Boyfriend' After Painful Flare Up Is 'Saved' By $18 Coffee Scrub - Comic Sands - March 29th, 2020
- It takes a whole world to create a new virus, not just China - The Guardian - March 29th, 2020
- Hand-washing to fight the spread of coronavirus: Here are 6 hand lotions to heal dry, cracked skin - Yahoo Lifestyle - March 29th, 2020