At its biennial international conferences, the European Society for Microcirculation (ESM) sponsors a number of awards to support researchers at all stages of their career. The following awards will be given during the 3rd joint meeting of the European Congress for Microcirculation (30th ESM), and European Vascular Biology (10th EVBO) meeting in Maastricht, NL, April, 15-18, 2019.
As published on ESM Website, for most updated information please see here.
For early career investigators travel and poster awards see information further down.
The Malpighi Award and LectureThis is the most prestigious award of the European Society for Microcirculation (ESM). It is given to an individual with an internationally outstanding reputation in any field of microcirculation and microvascular research. The individual will deliver the prestigious Malpighi Lecture at the forthcoming ESM meeting in Maastricht, NL, April, 15-18, 2019 and will receive the Gold Malpighi Medal and a life-long Membership of the ESM.The Malpighi Prize Committee is constituted by: the President, the Secretary-General elect, the Treasurer, one other representative of the ESM Executive Committee and the last two Awardees (if available). Voting is by secret ballot.Nomination: Applications should consist of a letter of recommendation from the sponsor together with a two pages curriculum vitae including a list of the 20 most important publications (in one Pdf file). Nominations should be sent to the Secretary General elect Henning Morawietz, (Henning.Morawietz@uniklinikum-dresden.de) and cc. to the President of ESM (firstname.lastname@example.org).The 2019 ESM Malpighi Award winner is: Prof. Akos Koller (Budapest, Hungary and Valhalla, NY, USA). He will deliver his award lecture on Thursday April 18, 11:00h.
Journal of Vascular Research/European Society for Microcirculation Award and LectureThe Journal of Vascular Research (JVR/ESM) Award and Lecture aims to spotlight important and growing fields of research, with high impact for vascular biology and the microcirculation with the goal of giving an award to one of the most prominent researchers in the field.Nomination: is organized by Ulrich Pohl, Editor of JVR (email@example.com).The 2019 JVR-ESM Award winner is: Prof. dr. Lydia Sorokin (Muenster, Germany). She will deliver her award lecture on Thursday April 18, 11:45h.
Servier Award in MicrocirculationThis award is offered by SERVIER in partnership with the European Society for Microcirculation for an outstanding publication on microcirculation/vascular biology in basic or clinical research (4000 Euro). The proposed publication must be original research, of international relevance and impact and be consistent with the main objectives of the ESM.The committee for the Servier Award in Microcirculation includes: the President, Secretary-General, Treasurer, one other representative of the ESM Executive Committee and the last two Servier Awardees (if available). Voting is by secret ballot.Award is organized by the Secretary-General (firstname.lastname@example.org).Nomination: Members of ESM can nominate an individual.The 2019 Servier Award winner is: Tamara Girbl Ph.D. (London, UK and Klosterneuburg, Austria), based on the paper: Girbl et al, Immunity 2018: 49, 10621076. Distinct compartmentalization of the chemokines CXCL1 and CXCL2 and the atypical receptor ACKR1 determine discrete stages of neutrophil diapedesis. She will receive the award on Thursday April 18.
ESM Congress Travel Award for Early Career InvestigatorsTogether with the submission of an abstract for the Joint 30th European Society for Microcirculation and 10th European Vascular Biology Organization Meeting being held in Maastricht April 15-18, 2019, early career scientists (student or less than 8 years postdoctoral experience) may apply for a travel award of 400 Euro (5 awards are available), which will cover the registration fee and support their travel costs. Travel awards will be given on the basis of the quality of the submitted abstracts. Travel Awards will only be given to an individual on one occasion; therefore previous awardees should not apply.This Travel Award is organized and awarded by the Congress Award Committee.The deadline for application will be the abstract deadline for the Congress see abstract submission.
ESM International Travel Award for Early Career Investigators from less-developed countriesTogether with the submission of an abstract for the Joint 30th European Society for Microcirculation and 10th European Vascular Biology Organization Meeting being held in Maastricht April 15-18, 2019, early career scientists (student or less than 8 years postdoctoral experience) may apply for a travel grant of 400 Euro (5 person), covering the registration fee and support the travel costs. Travel grants will be awarded on the basis of the quality of the submitted abstracts. Travel Awards will only be given to an individual on one occasion; therefore previous awardees should not apply.This Travel Award is organized and awarded by the Congress Award Committee.The deadline for application will be the abstract deadline for the Congress see abstract submission.
EVBO Travel AwardsTravel awards are available 10 times. The travel award is 300 EUR.Application Process: During the Abstract submission you can apply for a travel award.Nomination: Committee reviewing the poster submissions will select the awardee.The deadline for application will be the abstract deadline for the Congress see abstract submission.
MiVaB Travel GrantsTravel grants are available 4 times.Nomination:Awarded to 4 best presentations at the joint Dutch-German MIVAB meeting, November 2018 in Amsterdam.
ESM Poster Awards for Early Career InvestigatorsDuring the Joint 30th European Society five such awards (100 Euro each), will be given for the best posters.Poster Prizes are organized and awarded by the Congress Award Committee at the Congress.To qualify for a poster award, one must be attending the conference and present the poster.Poster Awards will be selected during the Conference in April 2019.
German Microcirc Society (GfMVB) Poster AwardsPoster awards are available 3 times. The award is 200 EUR.To qualify for a poster award, one must be attending the conference and present the poster.Poster Awards will be selected during the Conference in April 2019.
Read the original here:
- Imara to Present Data on IMR-687 in Sickle Cell Disease at the 25th Annual European Hematology Association (EHA) Congress - GlobeNewswire - May 24th, 2020
- The Air We BreatheHow Might Pollution Hurt the Brain? - Alzforum - May 24th, 2020
- New Stem Cell-Based Topical Solution Helps Bald People Regrow Hair - SciTechDaily - May 24th, 2020
- Why is Antarctica turning green? Reasons and Effects - Jagran Josh - May 24th, 2020
- Researchers try to solve the mystery of COVID-19 'storm of blood clots' - SF Gate - May 18th, 2020
- Acceleron Announces Publication in Science Translational Medicine Describing the Underlying Biology Behind Sotatercept's Potential as a Novel Therapy... - May 18th, 2020
- Soft Exosuit Technology can Improve Walking Speed in Stroke Survivors - AZoRobotics - May 18th, 2020
- The Second Neurologist President of the AHA: His Vision,... : Neurology Today - LWW Journals - May 11th, 2020
- Advances in Science Identify Cells to Target in Lupus Research and Therapy - Lupus Foundation of America - May 10th, 2020
- USC Dornsife Ph.D. graduate feels a responsibility to others > News > USC Dornsife - USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences - May 10th, 2020
- Regenerative Medicine Market Research Report: Probable Key Development To Be Observed Market States And Outlook Across By 2026 - Cole of Duty - May 10th, 2020
- Scientists criticise UK government's 'following the science' claim - The Guardian - April 28th, 2020
- Physicians Push Back on Treating COVID-19 as HAPE - Medscape - April 28th, 2020
- Q BioMed Initiates Rapid Development of Novel COVID-19 Therapeutics - Yahoo Finance - April 28th, 2020
- Meso-Erythritol Market Global Analysis and Future Forecast to 2026 (Based on 2020 COVID-19 Worldwide Spread) - Jewish Life News - April 28th, 2020
- Anatomy of a heatwave: how Antarctica recorded a 20.75C day last month - The Conversation AU - April 1st, 2020
- Who is Sir Patrick Vallance and is he speaking at todays government coronavirus press briefing? - The Sun - April 1st, 2020
- Vascular Biology Research Program | Johns Hopkins ... - March 25th, 2020
- Vascular Biology Program | Boston Children's Hospital - March 25th, 2020
- European Vascular Biology Organisation | Advancing human ... - March 25th, 2020
- Health researchers find solution to life-threatening side effect - Mirage News - March 25th, 2020
- Study shows similarity in anti-VEGF injection intervals for wet AMD - Ophthalmology Times - March 25th, 2020
- aTyr Pharma and its Hong Kong Subsidiary, Pangu BioPharma, Announce Government Grant to Fund Bispecific Antibody Development Platform - BioSpace - March 25th, 2020
- Ancient human ancestor 'Little Foot' probably lived in trees, new research finds - WBAP News/Talk - March 23rd, 2020
- THE ADDICTED GARDENER: Environmental tidbits from around the world - Wicked Local Rochester - March 23rd, 2020
- University of Washington Pathology Professor Dies of COVID-19 - The Scientist - March 22nd, 2020
- Who is Sir Patrick Vallance and what is his role in government during coronavirus outbreak? - The Scottish Sun - March 22nd, 2020
- It's Not Only About Neurons - The Good Men Project - March 22nd, 2020
- 'Little Foot' skull reveals how this more than 3 million year old human ancestor lived - HeritageDaily - March 22nd, 2020
- THE ADDICTED GARDENER: Environmental tidbits from around the world - Wicked Local Wareham - March 22nd, 2020
- The Addicted Gardener: Environmental tidbits from around the world - Wicked Local Dedham - February 23rd, 2020
- UI at 150 & Beyond: 'The Quad was the best no matter what the weather' - Champaign/Urbana News-Gazette - February 22nd, 2020
- The Addicted Gardener: Environmental tidbits from around the world - Wicked Local Sharon - February 22nd, 2020
- Valentine's Day Matters of the Heart, Biopharma-Style - BioSpace - February 15th, 2020
- G-protein Coupled Receptor Market Competitive Research And Precise Outlook 2019 To 2025 - Galus Australis - February 15th, 2020
- Women Face an Increased Risk of Heart Disease With AgeRunning Can Help - runnersworld.com - February 12th, 2020
- Examining the link between menopause and heart disease risk - Medical News Bulletin - February 10th, 2020
- More than skin deep: the latest innovation in 3D printing - Med-Tech Innovation - February 10th, 2020
- Research Fellow in Vascular Stem Cell Biology job with QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST | 195527 - Times Higher Education (THE) - February 10th, 2020
- Genome editing heralds new era of disease research, therapy - The Augusta Chronicle - January 18th, 2020
- How biology creates networks that are cheap, robust, and efficient - Penn: Office of University Communications - January 18th, 2020
- Scientists revealed the oldest known scorpion on Earth - Tech Explorist - January 18th, 2020
- G-protein Coupled Receptor Market Competitive Research And Precise Outlook 2019 To 2025 Dagoretti News - Dagoretti News - January 18th, 2020
- Exonate Announces Collaboration With Janssen to Develop a New Eye Drop for the Treatment of Retinal Vascular Diseases Including Wet Age-related... - January 14th, 2020
- Sandy Bottom wetlands to receive protection for 'national ecological significance' - Citizen Times - January 14th, 2020
- Why biotech is a boon for patients and investors - Spear's WMS - January 14th, 2020
- Vascular Biology | Surgery Research | Michigan Medicine ... - January 2nd, 2020
- UCC currently taking applicants for 21 jobs with some incredible pay - Cork Beo - January 2nd, 2020
- Growing up Tyrannosaurus rex: Osteohistology refutes the pygmy Nanotyrannus and supports ontogenetic niche partitioning in juvenile Tyrannosaurus -... - January 2nd, 2020
- Top Technical Advances of 2019 - The Scientist - December 29th, 2019
- 9 Harvard researchers named AAAS Fellows Harvard - Harvard Gazette - November 27th, 2019
- Bethesda Health Physician Group Welcomes Fellowship-Trained Endocrine Surgeon Jessica L. Buicko, MD, to Its Team - The Boca Raton Tribune - November 27th, 2019
- Germ-free lungs of newborn mice are partially protected against hyperoxia - The Mix - November 27th, 2019
- JanOne Acquires Worldwide, Exclusive License for Promising Treatment of Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) - Yahoo Finance - November 27th, 2019
- Another Study Suggests E-cigarettes Hurt Heart Health More Than Regular Cigarettes - Science Times - November 21st, 2019
- Cleveland Clinic awarded $12 million by NIH to study the link between gut microbes and heart disease - Crain's Cleveland Business - November 21st, 2019
- Inotrem Announces Enrollment of First Patient in its Phase IIb ASTONISH Trial for Nangibotide in the Treatment of Septic Shock - Business Wire - November 21st, 2019
- Growing Organs in the Lab: One Step Closer to Reality - BioSpace - November 21st, 2019
- US Nobel laureates tell us what they think about cancer research, moonshots, the dark side, funding, meritocracy, herd mentality, Trump, and joy - The... - November 21st, 2019
- Vascular biology Department of Surgery College of ... - November 19th, 2019
- E-Cigarettes Take a Dangerous Toll on Heart Health - DocWire News - November 19th, 2019
- Another health warning for e-cigarette users that has nothing to do with lung disease - MarketWatch - November 19th, 2019
- Submerged Vegetation Mirrors Coast's Health - Coastal Review Online - November 19th, 2019
- University of Maryland and DOD collaborate to study Tick-borne Infections using 3-D models of human blood vessels - Outbreak News Today - November 19th, 2019
- 'The Blob': This mysterious 'smart' slime can solve puzzles and make decisions - CNBC - October 24th, 2019
- Michal Wszola: We Expect to Transplant the Bioprinted Bionic Pancreas in Three to Five Years - 3DPrint.com - October 24th, 2019
- UNSW skin cancer researcher Levon Khachigian hit with string of retractions - ABC News - October 16th, 2019
- Research Officer/ Postdoctoral Researcher - The Conversation AU - October 16th, 2019
- Four health projects at Boston Childrens Hospital that could help adults - The Boston Globe - September 30th, 2019
- Cardiovascular Repair And Reconstruction Devices Market Global Industry Insights by Top Vendors, Growth, Revenue and Forecast Outlook 2019-2025 -... - September 26th, 2019
- Quinn Capers IV, MD - TCTMD - September 24th, 2019
- Oklahoma new hires and promotions announced - Oklahoman.com - September 24th, 2019
- Nature up close: Life in the Humboldt Penguin National Reserve - CBS News - September 24th, 2019
- Prediabetes, Diabetes Comorbidities Tied to Sex Differences - MedPage Today - September 24th, 2019
- A Snail as Fast as a Bullet, and Other Darwin-Defying Marvels - Discovery Institute - September 24th, 2019
- Medication and Exercise to Prevent Muscle Loss - Next Avenue - September 24th, 2019
- Plant Physiology | Basic Biology - March 12th, 2019
- pvb2019.org Plant Vascular Biology Conference 2019 - January 31st, 2019
- Vascular Biology - January 22nd, 2019
- Vascular Biology 2019 - NAVBO - December 20th, 2018