A core mission of the Division of Pediatric Cardiology at Vanderbilt is to prepare the next generation of physicians to practice the clinical science of Pediatric Cardiology and to develop expertise in clinical or basic research. With this goal, our fellowship provides a challenging and intensive clinical experiencein all aspects of pediatric cardiology, balanced with mentored opportunities for high quality research in a wide variety of fields.
Our three-year pediatric cardiology fellowship training program is approved by the American Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). We offer a separate ACGME approved adult congenital heart disease fellowship, and fourth year sub-specialty training in advanced cardiac imaging electrophysiology, cardiac catheterization, and heart failure and transplant.
Our Faculty:We have a diverse faculty of 22 cardiologists with interest and expertise in every area of pediatric and adult congenital cardiology, as well as a strong basic and clinical research program. Many of our faculty members have been at Vanderbilt for more than 20 years, with others joining us from top programs all over the country. Our faculty shares a strong commitment to providing the best and most comprehensive fellow education possible.
The Pediatric Heart Institute: Pediatric cardiology is an integral part of the Pediatric Heart Institute (PHI) at Vanderbilt, along with pediatric cardiothoracic surgery, pediatric cardiac critical care, and pediatric cardiac anesthesia. The PHI faculty number 38 physicians, along with a dedicated team of nurses, nurse practitioners, sonographers, ECMO specialists, cardiac perfusionists, and nutrition specialists. All are involved in fellowship training. We are a major referral center for the state of Tennessee and surrounding states. We are housed in the state-of-the-art 270-bed Vanderbilt Children's Hospital, which is now in its second major expansion and soon to be over 400 beds.
Research Infrastructure: In addition to the busy clinical service, almost half of our fellow's time is spent in research. Our NIH-funded T32 training grant and Master degree programs are unique opportunities integrated into the fellowship (see Research Training program link below). Vanderbilt University Medical Center has an extensive research infrastructure, including the world's largest databank of DNA from pediatric patients linked to de-identified clinical data from the electronic health record.
Nashville: Nashville is an exciting place to live, with a wide variety of music, cultural activities, professional sports, and year-round outdoor activities. Nashville is home to many musical artists and genres of music, from classical to jazz to R&B to rock'n'roll. Music is all around and easily accessible, as are museums, hiking, and sports. With a recent population boom, there is new construction throughout the city and fantastic restaurants abound. We have many hospital benefactors, including the country group Rascal Flatts, Ryan Seacrest (we are home to one of only a few Seacrest Studios!), the Nashville Predators, and the Tennesee Titans to name a few. To learn more about our hometown, click here.
- Pediatric Cardiology | MUSC | Charleston, SC - March 13th, 2019
- Overview - Pediatric Cardiology - Mayo Clinic - March 10th, 2019
- Pediatric Cardiology in New Jersey | Pediatric Heart ... - February 26th, 2019
- Pediatric Cardiology - GHS Childrens - January 28th, 2019
- Pediatric Cardiology | Child Cardiology in Louisville ... - December 25th, 2018
- Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery (Heart Center) - December 23rd, 2018
- Capital District Pediatric Cardiology Associates - December 9th, 2018
- PCA - Pediatric Cardiology Associates - November 30th, 2018
- Pediatric Cardiology - UofL Physicians - November 18th, 2018
- Cardiology | Department of Pediatrics | Columbia ... - November 7th, 2018
- Pediatric Cardiology - Pediatrics - University of ... - November 7th, 2018
- Pediatric Cardiology | Weill Cornell Medicine - November 7th, 2018
- UnityPoint Clinic Pediatric Cardiolgy - November 5th, 2018
- Cardiology - Wikipedia - October 15th, 2018
- Nadas' Pediatric Cardiology: John F. (Barry) Keane MD ... - September 19th, 2018
- Pediatric Cardiology Associates | MEDNAX - August 6th, 2018
- Pediatric Cardiologist: Job Description & Career Requirements - July 30th, 2018
- Heart Center | MUSC Children's Health | Charleston, SC - July 15th, 2018
- Locations and Directions | Pediatric Cardiology Consultants - July 5th, 2018
- RWJMG | Division of Pediatric Cardiology - July 2nd, 2018
- Pediatric Cardiology Services | Miami | South Florida - June 11th, 2018
- Pediatric and Congenital Cardiology - Massachusetts ... - May 14th, 2018
- Division of Pediatric Cardiology UT Southwestern, Dallas ... - May 7th, 2018
- Pediatric Cardiology - Pediatrics - University of Rochester Medical Center - April 10th, 2018