Piedmont Heart Institute is a destination for interventional cardiology care and a leading international site for high risk, surgical turn-down and complex coronary, structural and peripheral interventions.
With catheter-based care as opposed to open surgical procedures, the procedure is performed through a small tube inserted into the artery. This negates the need for long incisions and provides patients a less painful, less risky procedure often with the option for same day discharge in many cases. Our heart team works together to evaluate your case individually, applying state-of-the-art research to help choose with you the best method to treat your condition. In conjunction with our surgical teams, we provide not just one opinion but several to enable you as the patient to have the best outcome.
Our services include:
Our interventional cardiologists, surgeons and cardiac imaging specialists collaborate as a heart team to assess and treat our patients for streamlined care. Working with our highly skilled surgeons, our heart team provides hemodynamic support such as intra-aortic balloon pumps (IABP) or percutaneous ventricular assist devices (pVAD) to better circulate the blood during the highest risk and most complex procedures. This heart team approach increases safety measures and provides the highest quality care to improve outcomes for our patients.
Piedmont is a leading referral center for extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) and critical care. Our interventional cardiologists are members of the ECMO team and many of them care for our patients in the Critical Care Unit, enhancing the continuity of care for all of our patients.
The expert heart team at Piedmont Heart Institute is leading the way for an improved interventional approach to care. Piedmont is an early adopter of the radial approach in several therapies. Accessing the artery in a patients wrist as opposed to the femoral artery in their thigh lowers the risk of bleeding, improves mobility and enhances patient comfort. It also permits many of our patients to be able to be discharged the same day.
Our team is also helping to advance the field of interventional cardiology through research and clinical trials, serve as thought leaders in professional societies, and train the next generation of interventional cardiologists. Many members of this highly selected elite team have been recognized on the local, national and international level for their expertise, experience and dedication to interventional cardiology
Piedmont Heart Institute is one of the highest volume center in the world for chronic total occlusions (CTOs). CTOs are coronary arteries that are blocked and have been so for greater than 6 months. Though often asymptomatic, in some individuals they are lead to disabling chest pain and a decrease in their quality of life. Given these arteries are blocked 100%, they face the greatest challenge to cross with guidewires and thence be able to treat with balloons and stents. We have been recognized as a world leader in the arena of CTO revascularization and are a training site for other interventional cardiologists who wish to learn these advanced techniques.
Other initiatives and innovations in Piedmont Hearts Interventional Cardiology program include:
We welcome the opportunity to assist in the care of your patient. Our teamwants to work with you to provide the best treatment options for your patient. We also offer follow-up care within the communities we serve so its more convenient for our patients.
For more information about our interventional cardiology services at Piedmont Heart Institute, please call 404-605-2800 or use our convenient online search through our Find a Doctor tool.
See the rest here:
- Interventional Cardiology | UCSF Cardiology - March 18th, 2019
- Interventional Cardiology | American Medical Association - February 22nd, 2019
- Interventional Cardiology | Saint Luke's Health System - February 22nd, 2019
- London & Milan - Cardiology Fellowships - February 22nd, 2019
- Interventional Cardiology - St. Mary's Hospital and Health ... - February 22nd, 2019
- Interventional Cardiology | Sutter Health - February 22nd, 2019
- Interventional Cardiologists in Austin, TX | Austin Heart - February 22nd, 2019
- Interventional Cardiology - University of Mississippi Medical ... - January 18th, 2019
- General & Interventional Cardiology - WakeMed - January 18th, 2019
- Interventional Cardiology - nationwidechildrens.org - January 18th, 2019
- Interventional Cardiology - Baylor Heart and Vascular Hospital - January 18th, 2019
- Interventional Cardiology Conferences & Meetings - December 25th, 2018
- Interventional Cardiology | St. Francis - December 21st, 2018
- Interventional Cardiologists near Secaucus, NJ - Healthgrades - December 21st, 2018
- Interventional cardiology - Wikipedia - December 13th, 2018
- Dr. Jaffar A Raza - Secaucus NJ, Interventional Cardiology - November 30th, 2018
- What are Invasive, Non-Invasive, and Interventional ... - November 27th, 2018
- Cardiac Catheterization | Interventional Cardiology in New ... - November 20th, 2018
- Interventional Cardiology - Montefiore Medical Center - November 10th, 2018
- Interventional Cardiologists near Brooklyn, NY - Healthgrades - November 10th, 2018
- Interventional Cardiology | Stanford Health Care - October 25th, 2018
- Interventional Cardiology Fellowship | Internal Medicine - October 25th, 2018
- Interventional Cardiology | Community Health Network - October 25th, 2018
- Interventional Cardiology | Ohio State Medical Center - October 25th, 2018
- Interventional Cardiology | ColumbiaDoctors - October 4th, 2018
- Interventional Cardiologist Jobs | Glassdoor - October 4th, 2018
- What are Invasive, Non-Invasive, and Interventional Cardiology? - October 4th, 2018
- Interventional Cardiology - Crozer-Keystone Health System - PA - October 4th, 2018
- Interventional Cardiology - Florida Medical Clinic - October 4th, 2018
- Interventional Cardiology | Heart Hospital of New Mexico - October 4th, 2018
- Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology | Texas Tech ... - October 4th, 2018
- Invasive & Interventional Cardiology Section | Cleveland Clinic - October 4th, 2018
- Interventional Cardiology | North Florida Regional Medical ... - October 4th, 2018
- Interventional Cardiology | Department of Medicine ... - October 4th, 2018
- Interventional Cardiology | Medical City Fort Worth - October 4th, 2018
- Interventional Cardiology Journal | Peer reviewed Journal - September 24th, 2018
- Interventional Cardiology Fellowship | Cardiovascular Fellowship - September 20th, 2018
- 1133 Questions: An Interventional Cardiology Board Review ... - September 20th, 2018
- Interventional > Cardiovascular Medicine | Internal Medicine ... - September 20th, 2018
- SCAI Interventional Cardiology Review: Morton J. Kern MD ... - August 18th, 2018
- Interventional Cardiology - Terumo Europe - August 12th, 2018
- Scottsdale Interventional Forum | Cardiology Conference ... - June 21st, 2018
- Interventional Cardiology Fellowship - Massachusetts ... - June 14th, 2018
- Interventional Cardiology | Knoxville Heart Group - June 6th, 2018
- ECU Interventional Cardiology Fellowship - May 26th, 2018
- Interventional Cardiology | Cardiology Associates of East ... - April 19th, 2018
- Dr. Eric Lo - Daytona Beach FL, Interventional Cardiology - April 18th, 2018
- Interventional Cardiology Fellowship - Massachusetts General Hospital ... - April 8th, 2018