Mental health, or psychological health, encompasses the well-being of mind, body and spirit and contributes to overall health and resilience. Throughout the military community, additional stressors placed on individuals and families adds to the importance of maintaining awareness of internal and external demands on health and of the many resources available to support psychological health.
Some signs of distress could include:
Many of these tips may seem like common sense, but when faced with challenging life situations these things are often the first things that get neglected.
When psychological health is neglected and mental health concerns arise, it is natural to deny there's anything wrong. Sometimes the last person to recognize symptoms is the one who needs help, so it's important to recognize symptoms in friends, loved ones or oneself and to say something.
Women affected three times more frequently than men
This Defense Health Agency-Interim Procedures Memorandum (DHA-IPM), based on the authority of References (a) through (c), and in accordance with the guidance of References (d) through (g): Assigns responsibilities and provides instructions for implementing Reference (d), which requires an MHA for Service members prior to separation in accordance with References (e) through (g). Is effective immediately; it will be incorporated into DHA-Procedural Instruction xxxx.xx, Separation History and Physical Examination. This DHA-IPM will expire effective 12 months from the date of issue.
1 in every 8 women develops clinical depression during her lifetime
HR 3304, NDAA for FY 2014, Sec. 704
Youve reached out for help, youve found the right provider, now Kristin Gwin from Walter Reed National Military Medical Center shares what to expect at your first appointment.
Kristin Gwin, a Social Worker at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center understands that getting help can be an intimidating process. She offers advice on how to get started by letting a professional know you want help.
Army Sgt. Jon Harman82nd Airborne Division, liaison officer at Walter Reed Military Medical Center
This Defense Health Agency-Procedural Instruction (DHA-PI), based on the authority of References (a) and (b), and in accordance with the guidance of References (c) through (k): a. Establishes the Defense Health Agencys (DHA) procedures for the collection and analysis of BH outcome data. b. Addresses how DoD will standardize BH outcome data collection to: assess variations in mental health and substance use care among in-garrison medical treatment facilities (MTFs) and clinics; assess the relationship of treatment protocols and practices to BH outcomes; and identify barriers to provider implementation of evidence-based clinical guidance approved by DoD. c. Designates the Army as the DoD lead Service for maintenance and sustainment of the Behavioral Health Data Portal (BHDP) in specialty care mental health and substance use clinics, referred to collectively as BH clinics, until BHDP functionality can be integrated with GENESIS or another electronic health record (EHR) system managed by DHA. d. Designates DHA Information Operations (J-6) as lead on transitioning BHDP functional requirements related to outcomes monitoring to future EHR data collection platforms and processes.
More than 350,000 deaths are attributed to opioid overdoses nationwide since 1999
Generalized anxiety, panic disorder, and anxiety related to PTSD are common disorders. In fact, an estimated 31 percent of U.S. adults experience anxiety at some point in their lives; one marine discusses his journey.
TRICARE provides mental health services for you and your family at all times
Watch this video to learn more about the mental health care benefits TRICARE provides
May has been National Mental Health Month since 1949
About 3 million new cases of Alzheimers Disease, the most common form of dementia, are diagnosed every year. Experts say lifestyle modifications can help prevent this disease.
Embedded behavioral health teams let service members easily access behavioral health care right in their unit areas
Showing results 1 - 15Page 1 of 5
Read the original here:
- Mental Health | ADA - September 11th, 2019
- Health - lds.org - April 13th, 2019
- Mental Health | Healthy People 2020 - March 23rd, 2019
- Mental Disorders: MedlinePlus - March 23rd, 2019
- Home Page | Department of Mental Health - March 8th, 2019
- Mental illness - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic - February 21st, 2019
- 50 Mental Health Quotes for Happiness and Success (2019) - February 12th, 2019
- Mental Health Hotline | 24 Hour Mental Health & Illness Helpline - February 12th, 2019
- MS Department of Mental Health - February 11th, 2019
- What is mental health - February 11th, 2019
- Mental Health Screening Tools | Screening 2 Supports - February 11th, 2019
- Mental Health | MS Department of Mental Health - February 11th, 2019
- Ten Things You Can Do for Your Mental Health | University ... - February 11th, 2019
- Promoting Childrens Mental Health - AAP.org - February 11th, 2019
- Mental Health Problem Symptoms, Causes and Effects - February 11th, 2019
- Mental Health: American Diabetes Association - February 11th, 2019
- Sleep and mental health - Harvard Health - February 11th, 2019
- Mental and Behavioral Health - AAP.org - February 11th, 2019
- Outpatient Mental Health Facilities programs City of ... - January 2nd, 2019
- Mental Health - CHOC Children's - January 1st, 2019
- Mental Health and Mental Disorders | Healthy People 2020 - January 1st, 2019
- New York State Office of Mental Health - December 27th, 2018
- What Is Mental Health? | MentalHealth.gov - December 27th, 2018
- Mental health - Wikipedia - December 27th, 2018
- WHO classifies 'gaming disorder' as mental health condition - CNN - December 26th, 2018
- Adult Mental Health - December 26th, 2018
- Volunteers of America's Mental Health Services | Volunteers ... - December 26th, 2018
- Mental Health CSG Justice Center - December 26th, 2018
- Mental Health | NCAA.org - The Official Site of the NCAA - December 26th, 2018
- Home - SAMHSA Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator - December 26th, 2018
- Mental disorder - Wikipedia - December 20th, 2018
- A Digital Home - Mental Health Partners - November 23rd, 2018
- Mental Health | Health & Wellness - November 23rd, 2018
- Mental Health UK - Working together for everyone's mental ... - November 23rd, 2018
- Adult Mental Health | Georgia Department of Behavioral ... - November 23rd, 2018
- Home - Henderson Behavioral Health - November 16th, 2018
- Care Manager - Tarrytown, NY | MHA - November 3rd, 2018
- Mental Health - Orange County, Florida - November 2nd, 2018
- Mental Health - Harvard Health - July 26th, 2018
- Mental Health UK :: Home - July 26th, 2018
- Mental Health : NPR - July 26th, 2018
- Mental Health | Youth.gov - July 26th, 2018
- Mental Health - June 23rd, 2018