We are Maryland's largest medical laboratory science (medical technology) program, offeringboth undergraduate, graduate degrees, andopportunities for professionalcertification.
In keeping with the philosophy and purposes of the University of Maryland School of Medicine, the Department of Medical and Research Technology (DMRT) is committed to the developing career focusedGoals, Core Values and Career Entry Competencies.
The bachelor's degree allows students to specialize in one of two career tracks:
Both tracks are upper level allied health curricula offered in two years of full-time or three years of part-time study. In addition to lecture and laboratory instruction, students in both tracks complete externship training.
DMRT also offers aMaster of Science Degreein two tracks:
The graduate program provides flexibility in scheduling coursework and in arranging programs of study to fit individual interests and backgrounds.
DMRT offers an accelerated one-yearcategorical certificate programfor individuals who already possess a baccalaureate degree in a basic science area, such as chemistry or biology.
After completion of coursework and training, students are eligible to take national certification examinations in their specialty area.
Disclaimer: The information contained in the website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by the Department of Medical and Research Technology (DMRT) University of Maryland and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, it is subject to change.
Medical Laboratory Scientists are in great demand! Employment of Medical Laboratory Scientists (Technologists and Technicians) is projected to grow 16 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. Find out where our students are working.
This year Maryland DMRT graduates seeking employment received job offers before graduating in May. According to the Bureau of Labor & Statistics, the median salary for Medical Laboratory Scientists (Technologists) was $61,070 in May 2016. For outlook information about specific careers, visit the Occupational Outlook Handbook (sponsored by the Bureau of Labor Statistics).
A Masters Degree in Medical and Research Technology can be a springboard to a career as a physician or biomedical researcher. DMRT developed Marylands first Bachelor's in Biotechnology Research.
Learn more about a career in the medical laboratory sciences!
Give to this Department
Read the rest here:
- Axonics Broadens EU Commercial Footprint with Recommendation for Reimbursement in France and Supply Contract in Norway - Business Wire - October 7th, 2019
- Medtronic Initiates Worldwide Pivotal Study of a New Approach to Treating Dangerously Fast Heart Rhythms - GlobeNewswire - October 7th, 2019
- TE Connectivity Collaborates With Hanhaa and Avnet to Advance Smart Tracking - PRNewswire - October 7th, 2019
- CONMED Corporation to Announce Third Quarter 2019 Financial Results on October 30, 2019 - BioSpace - October 7th, 2019
- UI graduate student works to commercialize drug that prevents osteoarthritis - UI The Daily Iowan - October 7th, 2019
- Medical Technologist Job in Multiple Locations - Department of the Air Force - LemonWire - October 7th, 2019
- Artificial Joints Market Research and New Innovations in Medical Sector 2019 to 2025 - The Chicago Sentinel - October 7th, 2019
- 4 Reasons Why CT is the Best Method for Medical Device Quality Inspection - Quality Magazine - October 7th, 2019
- TIER Mobility raises US$60 million in its Series B led by Mubadala Capital and Goodwater Capital - Business Wire - October 7th, 2019
- Medical Imaging Diagnosis Market Investigation by Application, Technology and Product Type - The Charterian - October 7th, 2019
- New Technology Makes Moves in the Medical Industry - Machine Design - October 4th, 2019
- The Rise of the Deep: Eric Topols Deep Medicine To Stand The Test Of Time - Forbes - October 4th, 2019
- Bipartisan team of lawmakers put the squeeze on medical device tax - Chamber Business News - October 4th, 2019
- How to improve screening for social determinants of health - American Medical Association - October 4th, 2019
- AngioDynamics Acquires Eximo Medical, Ltd. and its Innovative 355nm Laser Atherectomy Technology - Business Wire - October 4th, 2019
- Time For A Checkup On This Health Care ETF - Benzinga - October 4th, 2019
- Axonics Provides Full One-Year Results from ARTISAN-SNM Pivotal Study at AUGS/IUGA Joint Scientific Meeting - Business Wire - October 4th, 2019
- Artificial Intelligence Is Being Used To Diagnose Disease And Design New Drugs - Forbes - October 4th, 2019
- Is There Enough Room Left To ::Creative Medical Technology Holdings Inc, (OTC:CELZ) - Ws News Publisher - October 4th, 2019
- Stock In The Spotlight ::Creative Medical Technology Holdings Inc, (OTC:CELZ) - Ws News Publisher - October 4th, 2019
- The FDA's Critical Focus on Women's Health - FDA.gov - October 4th, 2019
- How Springfield Technical Community College is training medical professionals to respond to crisis situations with robotic patients - MassLive.com - October 4th, 2019
- Should investors take a bet on surgical robotics? - The Globe and Mail - October 4th, 2019
- New Study in Medical Devices industry of the High-intensity Focused Ultrasound System Market include Strategies, Competitive Research & Growth By... - October 4th, 2019
- Medical Technology Jobs in the U.S. Navy - Navy.com - May 22nd, 2019
- Online Medical Lab Technician & Medical Technology Degrees - May 20th, 2019
- Medical Technologist Degrees | All Allied Health Schools - May 20th, 2019
- Salary: Medical Technologist | Glassdoor - May 20th, 2019
- Medical Technology : College of Nursing and Health ... - May 20th, 2019
- Medical Technologist Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com - May 19th, 2019
- Medical Technologist: Job Description, Duties and Requirements - May 12th, 2019
- Medicine - Scientific American - April 20th, 2019
- Medical Technologist Jobs, Employment in New Jersey ... - April 11th, 2019
- BS in Medical Technology in the Philippines - April 4th, 2019
- Home | FMC Meditech - Medical Technology Recruitment - March 17th, 2019
- 17 Amazing Healthcare Technology Advances of 2017 - March 12th, 2019
- B.S. in Medical Technology - Caldwell University, New Jersey - March 5th, 2019
- Medical Technologist Career Profile - verywellhealth.com - February 19th, 2019
- Medical Technology Degree Program | Med Tech Certification - February 19th, 2019
- Technology Essay Sample: Medical Technology ... - February 19th, 2019
- The Field of Medical Technology : : About the Program ... - February 19th, 2019
- Medical Technology Insurance | Travelers - February 19th, 2019
- Medical Technician Career Guide | All Allied Health Schools - February 19th, 2019
- Medical Technology | Statista - February 19th, 2019
- Indian Health Service | Indian Health Service (IHS) - February 14th, 2019
- Ultrasound - Wikipedia - February 14th, 2019
- Home - Secaucus, NJ - February 5th, 2019
- RWJBarnabas Health - Comprehensive Healthcare in New Jersey - February 5th, 2019
- Medical Laboratory Science/ Medical Technology at APSU - February 5th, 2019
- Medical Technology Ireland - January 29th, 2019
- Medical technologist - Wikipedia - January 29th, 2019
- McLEOD SCHOOL OF MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY - Pee Dee Area Health ... - January 29th, 2019
- Health technology in the United States - Wikipedia - January 2nd, 2019
- PaperPk jobs in Pakistan 2018 in newspaper ads daily ... - December 25th, 2018
- FastWay - December 25th, 2018
- Reell Precision Manufacturing Names Chet Zaslow as Business Development Manager for Medical Technology - January 31st, 2013