The Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist is a respected professional a member of the health care team. The scientist provides patient care through the performance of a wide variety of laboratory analyses and procedures in the areas of clinical chemistry, hematology, microbiology, immunology, immunohematology (blood bank), urinalysis and body fluids.
Pathologists and other physicians rely on the knowledge, skills and integrity of the medical technologist for the accuracy and validity of test results. The medical technologist holds a position of responsibility in the total care of the patient.
Working medical laboratory scientists hold national certification similar to other healthcare professionals. Thepredominantnational certification agency for medical laboratory scientists is the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP). Graduates of the APSU BSMLS program are eligible to sit for a certification exam and haveachieved a 98% pass rate on the ASCP Board of Certification exam over the previous five years. The national exam pass rate average is approximately 85%.
Program Alumni work in hospital laboratories, research laboratories, clinic laboratories, government laboratories, university laboratories, sales, public schools, Army, Navy, Air Force, laboratory sales and many other areas.
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences5600 N. River RoadSuite 720Rosemont, IL 60018-5119(847) 939-3597(773) 714-8880(773) 714-8886 Fax
Tennessee Department of HealthMedical Laboratory BoardMetrocenter Complex665 Mainstream Drive, 2nd FloorNashville, TN 37243(615) 532-5128 1-800-778-4123
See the original post here:
- Medical Technologist Jobs, Employment in New Jersey ... - April 11th, 2019
- BS in Medical Technology in the Philippines - April 4th, 2019
- Home | FMC Meditech - Medical Technology Recruitment - March 17th, 2019
- Department of Medical and Research Technology | University ... - March 17th, 2019
- 17 Amazing Healthcare Technology Advances of 2017 - March 12th, 2019
- B.S. in Medical Technology - Caldwell University, New Jersey - March 5th, 2019
- Medical Technologist Career Profile - verywellhealth.com - February 19th, 2019
- Medical Technology Degree Program | Med Tech Certification - February 19th, 2019
- Technology Essay Sample: Medical Technology ... - February 19th, 2019
- The Field of Medical Technology : : About the Program ... - February 19th, 2019
- Medical Technology Insurance | Travelers - February 19th, 2019
- Medical Technician Career Guide | All Allied Health Schools - February 19th, 2019
- Medical Technology | Statista - February 19th, 2019
- Indian Health Service | Indian Health Service (IHS) - February 14th, 2019
- Ultrasound - Wikipedia - February 14th, 2019
- Home - Secaucus, NJ - February 5th, 2019
- RWJBarnabas Health - Comprehensive Healthcare in New Jersey - February 5th, 2019
- Medical Technology Ireland - January 29th, 2019
- Medical technologist - Wikipedia - January 29th, 2019
- McLEOD SCHOOL OF MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY - Pee Dee Area Health ... - January 29th, 2019
- Health technology in the United States - Wikipedia - January 2nd, 2019
- PaperPk jobs in Pakistan 2018 in newspaper ads daily ... - December 25th, 2018
- FastWay - December 25th, 2018
- Reell Precision Manufacturing Names Chet Zaslow as Business Development Manager for Medical Technology - January 31st, 2013