BERLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TIER Mobility, the leading European provider of micro-mobility solutions, today announced a US$60 million Series B funding round led by Mubadala Capital and Goodwater Capital.
The company also welcomes AXA Germany and Evli Growth Partners as new investors, in addition to further participation from all existing investors, including White Star Capital, Northzone, Speedinvest, Point9, Indico, Kibo Ventures, Market One Capital and selected business angels like Nico Rosberg.
TIER Mobility will use proceeds to accelerate its European expansion strategy and continue to build the leading micro-mobility platform for citizens, city authorities and public transportation partners.
Since its funding round in February 2019, TIER Mobility has expanded operations to over 40 cities in 12 countries, established strong leadership positions in key strategic markets and launched 4 iterations of scooter hardware. As a result, TIER surpassed 10 million rides in just eleven months since launch, making TIER the fastest growing mobility company in history.
Lawrence Leuschner, CEO and Co-founder of TIER Mobility commented: "We are extremely excited to have Mubadala Capital and Goodwater Capital lead this round. Mubadala Capital is not only a renowned lifecycle investor representing one of the largest pools of capital globally; but most importantly, they have a vision for a world transformed by technology and innovation, which closely aligns with our mission to Change Mobility for Good. We are also very pleased to partner with Goodwater Capital, a leading Silicon Valley investor with long-standing track-record of supporting founders as they build companies transforming lives around the world. With their deep experience supporting consumer tech entrepreneurs around the world, they will help us accelerate our expansion plans, bringing the mobility revolution to the largest possible number of users worldwide".
Amer Alaily from Mubadala Capital said: "We firmly believe that micro-mobility as a form of transportation is here to stay, especially in Europe. We are confident that TIER Mobility is best positioned to become the leading player in Europe and Globally. We are excited and look forward to building a global category leading company out of Europe with Lawrence, Matthias, Alex and the wider TIER team."
Chi-Hua Chien, Co-Founder & Managing Partner at Goodwater Capital commented: "TIER Mobility is not only the fastest growing mobility company in the world, but one of the fastest growing companies in consumer tech history. With phenomenal execution they have emerged as the leading micro-mobility provider in Europe with only a fraction of the invested capital of their competitors. This is a true testament to the uniquely capital efficient and profitable model the team chose to deploy from the outset. TIER's unique approach to operations and partnerships yields superior unit economics and defensibility. We are thrilled to be part of their mission to Change Mobility for Good."
Eric Martineau-Fortin, Founder and Managing Partner of White Star Capital added: "Our team and I have been working closely with Tier Mobility's management team since we co-led the Series A with Northzone earlier in the year. We've been tremendously impressed by the quality of their operations and team. We are thrilled to further invest alongside truly world class investors in the Series B round."
J.P. Morgan acted as exclusive Financial Advisor and Placement Agent in connection with the Series B funding round.
About TIER Mobility
TIER Mobility is Europe's leading company for shared micro-mobility services with a mission to change mobility for good. The company plays the leading force in the ongoing transformation of transportation, relieving cities from emissions and congestion, and putting responsible usage and safety at the centre of its business.
TIER Mobility has joined forces with other zero-emission means of transport in order to significantly reduce the use of cars, helping cities to shift their focus to alternative e-vehicles.
The company started its operations in October 2018 and is now operating in 40+ cities across 12 markets worldwide. TIER Mobility is headquartered in Berlin and employs over 350 people. The company was founded by Lawrence Leuschner, Matthias Laug and Julian Blessin.
The company's existing investors are Mubadala Capital, Goodwater Capital, AXA Germany, Evli Growth Partners, Point Nine, Speedinvest, White Star Capital, Northzone, Kibo, Indico, and Market One Capital. In addition, there are selected business angels and individual investors like Formula 1 World Champion Nico Rosberg. For more information about TIER Mobility, please visit: http://www.tier.app
About Mubadala Investment Company and Mubadala Capital
Mubadala Capital is the financial investment arm of Mubadala Investment Company, with a ventures team that oversees and manages Mubadala's $15bn commitment to the Softbank Vision Fund. In 2017, Mubadala Capital launched a $400mn Tech Fund, and a $200mn Fund of Funds program based out of San Francisco. In 2019, a EUR400mn European Tech Fund and a Fund of Funds program based out of London were launched.
Mubadala Investment Company actively manages a worldwide portfolio supporting the vision of a globally integrated and diversified economy, through sustainable returns to its shareholder, the Government of Abu Dhabi. Mubadala's US $229 billion portfolio spans five continents with interests in aerospace, ICT, semiconductors, metals and mining, renewable energy, oil and gas, petrochemicals, utilities, healthcare, real estate, pharmaceuticals, medical technology, agribusiness and a global portfolio of financial holdings.
Mubadala is a trusted partner, an engaged shareholder and a responsible global company that is committed to ethics and world-class standards. For more information about Mubadala, please visit: http://www.mubadala.com
About Goodwater Capital
Goodwater Capital is a next generation venture capital firm and our mission is to empower exceptional entrepreneurs who are changing the world. We believe consumer technology is revolutionizing the world, and we are devoted to entrepreneurs who are furiously building products and platforms that consumers love. For more information about Goodwater Capital, please visit: http://www.goodwatercap.com
About White Star Capital
White Star Capital is a global venture capital fund and multi-stage technology investment platform investing in North America, Europe and Asia. It backs exceptional entrepreneurs globally, leveraging their extensive experience and networks to help them scale their businesses internationally. Operating out of London, New York, Montreal, Paris, Tokyo and Hong-Kong, its presence, perspective and people enable it to partner closely with Founders to help them scale internationally from Series A onwards. For more information about White Star Capital, please visit: http://www.whitestarcapital.com
- Can you trust mHealth apps? Why transparency is a must - American Medical Association - November 18th, 2019
- Nisonic Demonstrates Automatic Measurements of Optic Nerve Sheath Diameter as a Marker for Increased Intracranial Pressure Using Transorbital... - November 18th, 2019
- How Is Nanotech Reshaping the Medical Technology Sector? - Medical Tech Outlook - November 18th, 2019
- David Crais of CMG Carealytics Invited to NASA Cross Industry Innovation Summit - Benzinga - November 18th, 2019
- Shadowless Lamps Market will be grow in the upcoming year with players Greetmed, Aeomed, Mindray, BenQ Medical Technology - Daily Market Insight - November 18th, 2019
- Global Oxygen Regulator Market Insights Report 2019-2025 : Precision Medical, Harris, Essex Industries, Acare Technology - Industry News Time 24 - November 18th, 2019
- Research Roundup: Peanut allergies, heart disease treatments and wearable technology - The Stanford Daily - November 18th, 2019
- Private health insurers accused of lying about costs to raise premiums - 7NEWS - November 18th, 2019
- Title Wearable technology in healthcare: What are the leading themes? - Medical Device Network - November 18th, 2019
- ITM and CIRC Sign Technology License Agreement for the Production and Distribution of Medical Radioisotopes in China - Business Wire - November 18th, 2019
- Freudenberg Medical Achieves Break-through in Measurement Technology for Silicone Tubes with Helix iMC - Business Wire - November 12th, 2019
- Bridging the gap: Using technology to maintain patient contact - Medical Economics - November 12th, 2019
- Want to know your mental health status? There's an app for that - CU Boulder Today - November 12th, 2019
- Gets Its Catalyst And Trades Up::Creative Medical Technology Holdings Inc, (OTC US:CELZ) - News Planets - November 12th, 2019
- The Russian Military Will Soon Assign Soldiers Based on Their "Genetic Passports" - The National Interest Online - November 12th, 2019
- Hospital Furnitures Market Strategic Insights 2019 with analysis of Leading players: Stryker, Bio Medical Solutions, GPC Medical, Chang Gung Medical... - November 12th, 2019
- Is Computer-Vision the New Ground-Breaking Technology in the... - Medical Tech Outlook - November 12th, 2019
- BD Submits Pre-Market Approval Supplement to FDA for BD Onclarity HPV Test with Extended Genotyping Capabilities - PRNewswire - November 12th, 2019
- Rumor Claims Olympus will Shut Down Its Camera Division Within a Year - PetaPixel - November 12th, 2019
- InVivo Therapeutics Announces Appointment of Robert Rosenthal to Board of Directors - OrthoSpineNews - November 12th, 2019
- Global Cardiology Information System (CIS) Market Key Players and Share by 2025| CREALIFE Medical Technology and others - Market News Reports - November 12th, 2019
- How to have the right sensor for your medical IoT job - Medical Design & Outsourcing - November 12th, 2019
- Synaptive Ventures To the Spinal Surgery Market with Modus V - Medical Tech Outlook - November 12th, 2019
- Why DuPont will be at both Medica and Compamed - Medical Plastics News - November 12th, 2019
- Insights from Cathy Burzik's 40 years in the healthcare industry - Medical Design & Outsourcing - November 10th, 2019
- New Stanford hospital to open one week from today - Scope - November 10th, 2019
- Community Bank of Raymore Takes Position in Stryker Co. (NYSE:SYK) - Polson News - November 10th, 2019
- Cannabis industry is drawing big-name investors in R.I. - The Providence Journal - November 10th, 2019
- Avita Medical share price on watch after being added to the ASX 200 - Yahoo Finance - November 10th, 2019
- Head to Head Survey: Apyx Medical (NASDAQ:APYX) and AdvanSource Biomaterials Corpration (NASDAQ:ASNB) - Riverton Roll - November 10th, 2019
- Why Medicine Needs a New Hippocratic Oathand What It Should Be - Singularity Hub - November 8th, 2019
- Global SMT Equipment Market 2019-2023: Progression in Self-Driven Cars, Growth in Medical Technology, Increasing Smart Home Spending, Budding... - November 8th, 2019
- How Is the Medical Industry Using Deep Learning? - Business.com - November 8th, 2019
- Latest trends in medical monitoring devices and wearable health technology - Business Insider India - November 8th, 2019
- American Headache Society Publishes Article Demonstrating the Promise of Remote Electrical Neuromodulation (REN) as First-Line Treatment for Acute... - November 8th, 2019
- Townsen Memorial Clinics Now Open in Houston and Humble - PR Web - November 8th, 2019
- Compamed 2019: Everything you need to know - Medical Plastics News - November 8th, 2019
- CannGoods bridging the gap between hemp growers and off-take customers with its new tech - Proactive Investors USA & Canada - November 8th, 2019
- Conformis Announces FDA Clearance and Full Commercial Launch of Next Generation Hip System at the 2019 AAHKS Conference - OrthoSpineNews - November 8th, 2019
- EMMAC Life Sciences expanding on its medical cannabis acquisitions in London, Portugal, and Spain - Proactive Investors USA & Canada - November 8th, 2019
- A snapshot of the global patent landscape in eight charts - IAM - November 8th, 2019
- Olympus Now the Exclusive Distributor of the RocaFlow Pump and Tubing Sets - The Reporter - November 5th, 2019
- Adam Ferrari Highlights the Treatments and Medical Technology for Spinal Injuries utilized by Next Steps of Chicago - PRUnderground - November 5th, 2019
- Axonics Responds to Patent Action by Medtronic - Business Wire - November 5th, 2019
- Four-Year Data From the IN.PACT Global Study Highlight Durable Performance and Safety of IN.PACT Admiral DCB - Vascular Disease Management - November 5th, 2019
- The 10 Luxury Wellness Escapes You'll Want to Book for 2020 - TownandCountrymag.com - November 5th, 2019
- Detection Technology Awarded ISO 13485-2016 Certification for Medical Flat Panel Detectors - Imaging Technology News - November 5th, 2019
- Europe Pacemakers Market to 2027 - Regional Analysis and Forecasts By Product Type, Technology, End User, and Country - ResearchAndMarkets.com -... - November 5th, 2019
- Cardiac Monitoring (CM) & Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) Devices Market Opportunities to 2024 - World Market Projected to Exceed $25 Billion by... - November 5th, 2019
- RAD Technology Medical Systems Collaborates with Vanguard Healthcare Solutions to Bring Mobile Radiotherapy to Europe - P&T Community - November 5th, 2019
- Misonix to Participate in Three Upcoming Investor Conferences - Associated Press - November 5th, 2019
- NYC Marathon Runners Turning To Intensive Medical Technology To Reach Peak Performance - CBS New York - October 28th, 2019
- Judge to hear motion aiming to temporarily shut down Newton County plant - CBS46 News Atlanta - October 28th, 2019
- 3Ms Shares Could Cross $200 Next Year Thanks To Acelity Acquisition - Forbes - October 28th, 2019
- Neuronetics and Success TMS Partner to Increase Patient Access to Leading Depression Treatment, NeuroStar Advanced Therapy - The Courier-Express - October 28th, 2019
- Medical Device Security Market Growth Analysis 2019 to Share Key Aspects of the Industry with the details of Influence Factors Forecast to 2024 -... - October 28th, 2019
- Where Are The Medical CIOs Investing? - Medical Tech Outlook - October 28th, 2019
- What We Know About the Man Accused of Stabbing His Mother to Death in a Plainville Kitchen - NBC10 Boston - October 28th, 2019
- Medical billing is a nightmare, but start-up Ooda is working to make it way easier, and some insurers are optimistic - CNBC - October 28th, 2019
- 10 Medical Advances That Will Shape the Future of Healthcare - Discover Magazine - October 28th, 2019
- OraSure simplifies medical testing worldwide. Why the CEO says theyre still based in Bethlehem. - lehighvalleylive.com - October 28th, 2019
- The real horror this Halloween is the FDA's drug approval process | TheHill - The Hill - October 28th, 2019
- These Apps Say You May Have a Health Disorder. What if Theyre Wrong? - The New York Times - October 28th, 2019
- Private health insurers say cost of medical devices putting pressure on premiums - The Guardian - October 28th, 2019
- Misonix to Report Fiscal 2020 First Quarter Financial Results and Host Conference Call and Webcast on November 7 - GlobeNewswire - October 28th, 2019
- GTX merges with NeuroRecovery Technologies to form GTX medical BV - Medical Device Network - October 28th, 2019
- The Future of Proton Beam Therapy - Nature World News - October 28th, 2019
- X-Ray Detectors Market Report Extensive Analysis 2019 | Specified by Production, Technology, Competition, and Revenue Forecast till 2024 - Elamal News - October 28th, 2019
- PhenoMx executes MOU to develop strategic initiatives for Thailand's biotech, life sciences and medical industries - The New Economy - October 28th, 2019
- Why collaboration is key for the medtech industry to deliver life-saving innovations - create digital - October 28th, 2019
- Members Move Medicine: Tackling the underlying barriers to care - American Medical Association - October 28th, 2019
- Microspheres Market 2019 | Remarkable Growth Factors with Industry Size & Share, New Innovations of Leading Players & Forecast till 2024 -... - October 28th, 2019
- Safe Orthopaedics Announces the Approvals of SteriSpine LC and CC in Japan - Business Wire - October 28th, 2019
- Axonics Broadens EU Commercial Footprint with Recommendation for Reimbursement in France and Supply Contract in Norway - Business Wire - October 7th, 2019
- Medtronic Initiates Worldwide Pivotal Study of a New Approach to Treating Dangerously Fast Heart Rhythms - GlobeNewswire - October 7th, 2019
- TE Connectivity Collaborates With Hanhaa and Avnet to Advance Smart Tracking - PRNewswire - October 7th, 2019
- CONMED Corporation to Announce Third Quarter 2019 Financial Results on October 30, 2019 - BioSpace - October 7th, 2019
- UI graduate student works to commercialize drug that prevents osteoarthritis - UI The Daily Iowan - October 7th, 2019
- Medical Technologist Job in Multiple Locations - Department of the Air Force - LemonWire - October 7th, 2019
- Artificial Joints Market Research and New Innovations in Medical Sector 2019 to 2025 - The Chicago Sentinel - October 7th, 2019