If you would like to learn more about the career of medical technology, please download the McLeod School of Medical TechnologyStudent Handbook . We are now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 Program Year. Applications will be accepted October 1, 2018 through March 1, 2019.
The School of Medical Technology is located in McLeod Regional Medical Center Laboratory in the McLeod Tower (shown in the picture to the left) on the McLeod Regional Medical Center Campus in Florence, SC; McLeod Health. The hospital-based program was established in 1977 to help provide the Pee Dee with qualified medical technologists. The program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS). Students accepted into the program are either college seniors from an academic affiliate or have already completed their bachelor's degree.
The twelve month program begins in August. Class size is limited with an average of six students per year. The faculty is composed of laboratory supervisors and medical technologists. Students rotate through Hematology, Immunochemistry, Microbiology, and Blood Bank for eight to ten week periods. There are shorter rotations in Body Fluids and Phlebotomy.
Upon completion, a student should have entry-level competencies of a medical technologist and will be eligible to sit for national certification exams. Graduation is not contingent on passing any national certification board exam. Deadline for the application process (including interview) isMarch 1st. If class is not filled, applications completed byMarch 1st will be considered. Final deadline may be extended to June 15th.
McLeod School of Medical Technology is located inside of the McLeod Regional Medical Center in Florence, SC. All lectures are held in the MT Classroom in McLeod's laboratory. All clinical rotations are held in McLeod's laboratory.
The McLeod School of Medical Technology is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS). Contact information for NAACLS:
NAACLS5600 North River Rd., Suite 720Rosemont, Illinios 60018-5119Phone: 773/714-8880Web Site: http://www.naacls.org
- Medical Technologist Jobs, Employment in New Jersey ... - April 11th, 2019
- BS in Medical Technology in the Philippines - April 4th, 2019
- Home | FMC Meditech - Medical Technology Recruitment - March 17th, 2019
- Department of Medical and Research Technology | University ... - March 17th, 2019
- 17 Amazing Healthcare Technology Advances of 2017 - March 12th, 2019
- B.S. in Medical Technology - Caldwell University, New Jersey - March 5th, 2019
- Medical Technologist Career Profile - verywellhealth.com - February 19th, 2019
- Medical Technology Degree Program | Med Tech Certification - February 19th, 2019
- Technology Essay Sample: Medical Technology ... - February 19th, 2019
- The Field of Medical Technology : : About the Program ... - February 19th, 2019
- Medical Technology Insurance | Travelers - February 19th, 2019
- Medical Technician Career Guide | All Allied Health Schools - February 19th, 2019
- Medical Technology | Statista - February 19th, 2019
- Indian Health Service | Indian Health Service (IHS) - February 14th, 2019
- Ultrasound - Wikipedia - February 14th, 2019
- Home - Secaucus, NJ - February 5th, 2019
- RWJBarnabas Health - Comprehensive Healthcare in New Jersey - February 5th, 2019
- Medical Laboratory Science/ Medical Technology at APSU - February 5th, 2019
- Medical Technology Ireland - January 29th, 2019
- Medical technologist - Wikipedia - January 29th, 2019
- Health technology in the United States - Wikipedia - January 2nd, 2019
- PaperPk jobs in Pakistan 2018 in newspaper ads daily ... - December 25th, 2018
- FastWay - December 25th, 2018
- Reell Precision Manufacturing Names Chet Zaslow as Business Development Manager for Medical Technology - January 31st, 2013